Does anyone install or have use of the FC Black Market?

I don't think I'll have use of black market / secure warehouse at all. But I'm sure there are some players who may find a use for it. And the commodity market? Maybe on rare occasions. It doesn't bother me that the latter is a built-in service now that shipyard/outfitting is also included standard for the carrier owner.

Another very interesting question would be how many players are interested in the regular commodities market, since FDEV decided to put it as a standard service on all FC.
I mean, I can see a lot of beneficial use for what it's not intended to be, but not a lot for what should actually be.
You're right about that. The one good standard use I can think of is FC owners setting up next to a mining hotspot and buying low (not too low) and selling high at a system much further away. As a miner I would use that convenience if the price was right.

Another very interesting question would be how many players are interested in the regular commodities market, since FDEV decided to put it as a standard service on all FC.
I mean, I can see a lot of beneficial use for what it's not intended to be, but not a lot for what should actually be.
coughcough hydrogen bomb.
I myself will be experimenting with it mostly for purposes of making certain wing missions go faster, and other group efforts when it comes to BGS factions we're pushing.

But yeah, the black market, literally no use for us, but it'd be interesting to see if anyone else can find something practical for it.

You're right about that. The one good standard use I can think of is FC owners setting up next to a mining hotspot and buying low (not too low) and selling high at a system much further away. As a miner I would use that convenience if the price was right.
I also though about this.
Pros are that you can sell the valuable commodity later in small tranches so you get a higher price.
Cons are that when the mining place is well-known you won't be alone and when it's a new place that you discovered you need to come to the forum to advertize your service with the risk of other FC owners will come along.

Its too expensive for what it is. If it was free i might invent a use for it, but for that much upkeep good luck roleplay squadrons.

A perfect example of how its almost objective that the disincentive associated with a carrier feature outweighs its utility.

Its too expensive for what it is. If it was free i might invent a use for it, but for that much upkeep good luck roleplay squadrons.

A perfect example of how its almost objective that the disincentive associated with a carrier feature outweighs its utility.
That's more or less applicable to most FC services dedicated to other players.
Services for the owners are tip top (apart from the disabled cost, 50% is still to high for an inactive service)

That's more or less applicable to most FC services dedicated to other players.
Services for the owners are tip top (apart from the disabled cost, 50% is still to high for an inactive service)
How much to remove the module? Do you get any money back? The running cost is ludicrously low.

The black market would be more useful if the items sold there become clean items in the carrier's inventory. Then again it might give another exploit vector.
Yeah, that type of functionality would work well for people wanting to loot megaships and installations as well. At the moment they are pretty useless as they just give you stolen goods (mostly). Adding the ability to get them cleaned would add new paths - for instance using looted goods to unlock engineers (you can't do that at the moment as they won't accept, say, stolen Modular Terminals).

The secure warehouse is the one modules I don't think I'll be buying - stolen goods in general seem so low-profit I struggle to think of much reason (other than RP) to find reasons to get involved. (Well, apart from Thargoid stuff, which is often marked as stolen yet is still of use.)

Ther is some issue with "secure warehouse".
It was reported already and then expired (no confirmations).
What doesn't make any sense, because it is happens with 100% certainty when you are reproducing it by following given steps.
So I reported it again...

You can confirm it even without checking as beta is over, otherwise FD won't even know about it.

You can see on screenshots (that FD managed to put in wrong order btw), that capacity reserved for secure warehouse buy order

(6182 units)

keeps locked even though there is 0 commodity in a cargo at the moment of uninstalling secure warehouse.

Last edited:
Im am right in thinking that if a FC is parked in a empty system that no security forces will gaurd your FC? So you could be in a t9 and collect loads of illegal salvage and not worry about being scanned when docking in your Fc?

Top Bottom