Do I really have to toot a horn about no-fire zones?

No argument on the last point, but what I've done here is just to look at the facts and add them up. The Brewer Corporation seems like a pack of fast-talking used car salesmen to me.
Yeah, sorry if my comment came across as you making stuff up, it's more that you put together what fits and nailed a name to it... my point was that FDev are letting all sorts of stuff go like that and there's no need.

If it was a lease there would be a time period to sign up for, 1 Month/1 Year/10 Year/99 Year etc after which it goes back to the supplier or you renegotiate.
The carrier is a business and it can be seized if that business goes bankrupt but if you don't let it get into debt it is yours for as long as you want.
...but equally you're being asked for credits with no accounting, there should be itemisation if we're being led down the management street, not just... Ummm 'wages an stuff' 175mcr a week please.

BEcause they are encoded like managable ally station. they have all the same features. lazy or hardcoded , dunno.

That's also why you are buying selling like regular customer , and paying your own taxes when repairing =D

LOL what difference does it make if it's leased or not? Do we not understand how employment works?

If you pay for its repairs, employees, and maintenance, it should not be enforcing some silly no-fire zone nor should it kill you for shooting it. There is no justification for that...

If you pay for its repairs, employees, and maintenance, it should not be enforcing some silly no-fire zone nor should it kill you for shooting it. There is no justification for that...
The carrier operates under the local jurisdiction, why would you expect it to operate in any other way? The local faction even sends police to patrol your nfz.

If you want a free for all, head to anarchy.

technical justification?
That's what it looks like to me. A lot of mental gymnastics are being offered to reason its current behavior. Bottom line, it should not fire on its owner under any circumstance.
The carrier operates under the local jurisdiction, why would you expect it to operate in any other way?
Because it does not operate under the local jurisdiction. I operate it, control it, pay for it, and maintain it. Is this really that confusing or do we desperately need a dumb and pointless feature that comes without any compelling argument?

Because it does not operate under the local jurisdiction. I operate it, control it, pay for it, and maintain it. Is this really that confusing or do we desperately need a dumb and pointless feature that comes without any compelling argument?
That really doesn't make any sense, you are a visitor to the system, you are operating under the factions rules. You would need to move to anarchy, or one of the billions of empty systems.

The carrier will protect you if you are under attack, just don't expect to go on a killing spree in the NFZ. Btw have you tested this? The carrier will one shot any hostile.

Last edited:
That really doesn't make any sense, you are a visitor to the system, you are operating under the factions rules. You would need to move to anarchy, or one of the billions of empty systems.
It makes plenty of sense. You bought a carrier, hired a crew to operate it, pay for its maintenance, and command every aspect about it. Do you not understand that the ownership of the carrier does not just magically change because it enters another system? Do you not understand that you would not betray your own boss just because you stepped foot in another firm to conduct business? Do you not understand that the carrier will still shoot you in an anarchy system?

What happens when you fire at your own SLF crew? Do you become wanted and it fires back? TOOOT TOOOT helloooo?

It makes plenty of sense. You bought a carrier, hired a crew to operate it, pay for its maintenance, and command every aspect about it. Do you not understand that the ownership of the carrier does not just magically change because it enters another system? Do you not understand that you would not betray your own boss just because you stepped foot in another firm to conduct business? Do you not understand that the carrier will still shoot you in an anarchy system?
I was shooting at ships in Anarchy systems (nps's do not spawn in empty systems unless it is a mission spawn) the only time I had trouble was in a policed system with authority ships patrolling.

If you are saying a cmdr attacking the carrier in Anarchy will cause the carrier to kill the owner (if defending) then bug report it. Although I have no idea why any cmdr needs to fire a shot in the nfz, it is the equivalent of using a slingshot when you have a navy warship defending you. Just let the reverb cascade equipped carrier deal with it.

SLF is a remote drone, and the crew member complains. Worse case scenario, you blow up one of your own drones.

Last edited:
The reason of this is what it's not your own fleet carrier. I mean, you rent it services, and that's all. Sitting in hangar, look around. You will notice ads banners. Entire hangar full of them. They say you: it's not your own carrier. And we will kill you if you open fire in no fire zone.
Then what am I paying 5b for upfront?
If it's rent, then you could say a deposit. But even if you'd demand 1 year deposit in advance, that would still only be about 2b credits.

I was shooting at ships in Anarchy systems (nps's do not spawn in empty systems unless it is a mission spawn) the only time I had trouble was in a policed system with authority ships patrolling.

If you are saying a cmdr attacking the carrier in Anarchy will cause the carrier to kill the owner (if defending) then bug report it. Although I have no idea why any cmdr needs to fire a shot in the nfz, it is the equivalent of using a slingshot when you have a navy warship defending you. Just let the reverb cascade equipped carrier deal with it.

SLF is a remote drone, and the crew member complains. Worse case scenario, you blow up one of your own drones.
If some NPC or Commander has the sack to shoot at me in the shadow of my cap ship, I should be allowed to get my licks in without my carrier deciding to vaporize me. It's the principal of it, not the pragmatism.

If some NPC or Commander has the sack to shoot at me in the shadow of my cap ship, I should be allowed to get my licks in without my carrier deciding to vaporize me. It's the principal of it, not the pragmatism.
Have you actually tested this? One shot from an aggressive cmdr or NPC in the NFZ, seconds for the threat to be neutralised. If you want to be the hero that saves the day, make sure you are not operating in a policed system.

Have you actually tested this? One shot from an aggressive cmdr or NPC in the NFZ, seconds for the threat to be neutralised. If you want to be the hero that saves the day, make sure you are not operating in a policed system.
Only saw it once during the beta. Poor NPC type 9 did something to annoy the FC, it lasted maybe 15 seconds. I did not shoot it myself because I was in an unarmed type9 ferrying a stupid amount of tritium to the FC from a nearby station. If I was in something with guns, it is true I would have been hard pressed to get my weapons out and even take a shot b4 the FC and system authority dealt with it. It's merely, that I should be able to shoot back without repercussions if attacked. Otherwise it's not my FC. as I said, it's more a matter of principal, than practicality or pragmatism.
Especially since I am about 85% sure I am not going to buy a FC unless they rework a few things between the beta and the 9th, so I don't suppose it really effects me that much.

Quite frankly, given the general attitude of stations to tourist Belugas that block the slot for too long (how many innocent passengers?), or any other docking infringements I'd be disappointed if my turret gunners weren't gun happy lunatics looking for the first excuse to destroy anything.

In fact, if I ever do get a carrier, it's going on the job spec.

Top Bottom