Create gameplay mechanic/loop to remove Hyperdiction marker

I get it, hyperdictions are cool. But after seeing it 40+ times its more annoying/time consuming than anything and it only happens because you picked up some thargoid stuff 2 years ago. It makes traveling through the Pleiades and Witch Head rather annyoing and I would like to perform some form of "cleansing" that removes the hyperdiction mark of my account until I pick up more thargoid stuff

Last edited:
Has it definitely been confirmed there is a marker?

I've seen this hypothesis thrown around, that you need to have carried a probe/sensor/relic or killed a Thargoid or something before they'll hyperdict you.

But I've also seen it stated that they're just completely random and any apparent pattern to them is people seeing shapes in the clouds.

I don't know which is true.

There definitely seems to be something player-specific, because in two years - including substantial time spent in the Pleiades and Witch Head - I've never been hyperdicted. No idea what it could be though, that account has done pretty much everything except kill an interceptor, and lots of people haven't done that but still seem to get hyperdictions.

I have been hyperdicted exactly once despite traveling through the area a number of times. I suspect there isn't a marker, just a misunderstanding of statistics and probability. There is someone in the galaxy who has been hyperdicted more than every other player, that doesn't make them special or unique in any way, that's how random works!

Personally I havent been interdected ever. After doing some missions I got a mission while in SC to pick up some black boxes for a couple mil so I thought why not. Got to the Signal Source which was a bunch of imperial ships destroyed in a green smoke (thargoid attack). Picked up the black boxes and I think it was a thargoid probe. Went to the delivery station and noticed the probe is caustic so I threw it away at the station. First jump out of the system I got hyperdicted and since then I get hyperdicted very regulary and its a pain in the butt

I have been hyperdicted exactly once despite traveling through the area a number of times. I suspect there isn't a marker, just a misunderstanding of statistics and probability. There is someone in the galaxy who has been hyperdicted more than every other player, that doesn't make them special or unique in any way, that's how random works!
It can't be truly random. It's probably buried somewhere in the The Enclave thread, but I've done the math on this. Compared flight logs between one person's account that gets lots of hyperdictions, and another that gets none, for periods when they were both in hyperdiction-prone sectors. The frequencies were sufficiently different, over a large enough number of jumps, that the "true random" hypothesis would have been statistically implausible unless we were pulling from a randomized pool of millions of players.

Has it definitely been confirmed there is a marker?

I've seen this hypothesis thrown around, that you need to have carried a probe/sensor/relic or killed a Thargoid or something before they'll hyperdict you.

But I've also seen it stated that they're just completely random and any apparent pattern to them is people seeing shapes in the clouds.

I don't know which is true.
In the three years I've been playing ED, I've never had any Thargoid items aboard my ship. And I've been hyperdicted about a half dozen times. Always scanned and released without any other issues but wasted time.

Maybe it's not random or based on anything you've done.

Maybe your hyperdiction proneness is like your, ahem, length in Rust: allocated to your commander at "birth" and you can't do anything about it...

It's based on the number of forum posts. The more forum posts you have, the less likely you are to be hyperdicted.

If you're tired of being hyperdicted, you know what you have to do....:)

Last edited:
I killed my first Thargoid scouts last week. Since then, the Thargoids have been expressing their displeasure to me in person every 3rd or 4th jump in and around their current incursion zones.

I get it, hyperdictions are cool. But after seeing it 40+ times its more annoying/time consuming than anything and it only happens because you picked up some thargoid stuff 2 years ago. It makes traveling through the Pleiades and Witch Head rather annyoing and I would like to perform some form of "cleansing" that removes the hyperdiction mark of my account until I pick up more thargoid stuff
Kill them all.
o7

Top Bottom