"Console development continues behind the scenes with an Autumn release still on schedule"

I like what Arthur stated in the stream about getting us more info on console development and release. Be good to the community managers, they're Human too. 😊😋😎

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I like what Arthur stated in the stream about getting us more info on console development and release. Be good to the community managers, they're Human too. 😊😋😎
I missed that bit as didn't watch the whole stream, when did he state we will be getting more information on the console development and release? Is there a time stamp on the stream? Thanks.

I agree we should never be disrespectful to any CM. They are just doing their job and can only tell us what they are allowed to.

I really wish they were allowed and would talk about console more. (And I don't mean Arf just streaming on his personal Xbox even though that's nice to see).

Last edited:
I missed that bit as didn't watch the whole stream, when did he state we will be getting more information on the console development and release? Is there a time stamp on the stream? Thanks.

I agree we should never be disrespectful to any CM. They are just doing their job and can only tell us what they are allowed to.

I really wish they were allowed and would talk about console more. (And I don't mean Arf just streaming on his personal Xbox even though that's nice to see).
I haven't got the timestamp but it was early on in the stream
really sounded like they wanted to get console info out there
he also went on to state that they would do a question session for vr and get the answers on here by next week

felt unscripted and to a point, it felt like he was just reacting on the spot to the chat, was good to see
there was also mention that a CM would always involved be on these forums on a daily basis

that was all in the first 3rd of the stream, fingers crossed it happens

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I haven't got the timestamp but it was early on in the stream
really sounded like they wanted to get console info out there
he also went on to state that they would do a question session for vr and get the answers on here by next week

felt unscripted and to a point, it felt like he was just reacting on the spot to the chat, was good to see
there was also mention that a CM would always involved be on these forums on a daily basis

that was all in the first 3rd of the stream, fingers crossed it happens
Yeh I've re watched the stream and Arf does say they want to talk more about 'console development' so bring it on. I hope we get to learn more.. Xbox Series and PS5 enhancements please.... 😉

Edit: around 16.40 if people are interested.

Source: https://youtu.be/MnSvQUzsX3s?t=16m40s

Last edited:
so, still only the PS4 & X1 confirmed:

although the wonderful @sallymorganmoore is (potentially) asking about any current gen info for the dev stream

not particularly terrible news for us given that we already get a superior version over the PS, fingers crossed for additional info during the stream

It's June 2021 and Frontier officially have no plans for a current-gen console version of Odyssey or Elite Dangerous.

Essentially that conveys a clear message to me: Elite on console is a dead duck with no future and is not worth the small investment required to keep it going any longer after one last cash grab.

RIP

It's June 2021 and Frontier officially have no plans for a current-gen console version of Odyssey or Elite Dangerous.

Essentially that conveys a clear message to me: Elite on console is a dead duck with no future and is not worth the small investment required to keep it going any longer after one last cash grab.

RIP

It's June indeed.
And the new Consoles launched in last November, 7 months ago, but "Launch" is a figure of speech since they're still not available in the stores, but only in the scalpers deposits.
So indeed, they don't prioritize a native version on new consoles.

Why should they prioritize the new consoles?
They have their hands full trying to bring EDO to a market of more than 120 millions of PS4 and more than 50 millions of XB One.

And no, ED on consoles is not dead.
As we all know they are launching EDO on PS4 and XB1 - the native platforms for the base game - in this Autumn.
Then i'm pretty sure they will dish out a native version for PS5 and XB series as well after that launch (and the subsequent patches) is out of the way.

You are simply bitter, for 8 months already, because they didn't please you with a native PS5/XBS version the moment the new consoles "Launched"

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I wish you guys would stop saying only scalpers or people who pay over the odds can get PS5s or XSXs. I paid retail for mine after launch.

Just sign up to twitter deal accounts or other deal alert accounts if you are serious about obtaining one of the new consoles. It's not as hard as some would have you believe. Not as easy as walking into a high street store. I accept.

I would have been able to buy a further 2 PS5s should I have wanted to just from twitter alone not really being that primed and on the ball here in the UK.

Scalpers have had like 10 to 15% of the PS5 stock at last estimates. That's still 6.8m legitimate PS5s growing monthly at a faster take up rate than PS4 even with constrained supplies.

PS: I am not bitter just very disappointed in FDev not having any plans for the new consoles when most other developers have plenty of plans. Even FDev have plenty of PS5 plans. Just not with Elite Dangerous.

Last edited:
Top Bottom