ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update (22/10)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, I think I've been fortunate that I haven't run into anything game-breaking or even bugs in general. Mind you I'm an occasional player that jumps in whenever I feel like it, or when I have other day-1 buddy CMDR's around.
This year in particular however, I've been struggling for motivation to log in. Makes sense I said if they're focusing all their effort into making more content and more stuff for us to do. When the announcement was made "We'll essentially be gone for a year, but we'll still be around to put in QOL improvements to the game." It was a hard swallow, but I understood it.
As we neared the end of the year, and all the content that was revealed, I was genuinely stoked. But then the rug was pulled from under me and find out I have to wait just shy of another half a year if I'm lucky. I really felt the game stagnating, and was hoping that feeling would've been relieved. Alas 't was not to be.
I reached out to other squadron members and close friends, and realize I'm not alone feeling this way.

Guess we're all going to give our CMDR's an extended furlough. Fly back to our respective home starports and just take an extended vacation. Haven't been to my condo in the mars high orbital in a while..

But one thing I will say - even with my sometimes jaundiced view of ED - buy Arx. Help the development - albeit that for which they have enough money already - by buying arx.

If anyone has spent less than £2.99 on Arx they should not be allowed on this forum. (£10 for avatar pic).
Just checking. You're not being serious, are you?

Stained glass avatar: King John?
Edward the Confessor?

Sadly lacking is FDEV commentaries once again. What is with these people are they too scared to post? To react when everything seems to be falling down yet again. Yet again! They break the game without proper QAQC and we take the blame. Am I the only one who thinks this is kind of weird?

Sadly lacking is FDEV commentaries once again. What is with these people are they too scared to post? To react when everything seems to be falling down yet again. Yet again! They break the game without proper QAQC and we take the blame. Am I the only one who thinks this is kind of weird?
It's the weekend. I'm sure some placatory remarks will be coming on Monday. Because this time it'll be different :)

I own appx. 85% of all paint jobs and other stuff in the store. I feel like I have paid for at least a Christmas party or two of fdevs with my support BEFORE arq.

And

Havingsaid that, they continue to procrastinate and perform horribly with their development.
You do realise that these two things aren't in the slightest related yes?

You made the choice to spend money on store items all by yourself, just like me btw.
It says nowhere that Fdev will customise their game to your wishes in any way when you buy store items, or even more so a lot of store items.

If you wanna complain then do so but don't use your spending spree as an excuse for your entitlement.

You made the choice to spend money on store items all by yourself, just like me btw.
It says nowhere that Fdev will customise their game to your wishes in any way when you buy store items, or even more so a lot of store items.

If you wanna complain then do so but don't use your spending spree as an excuse for your entitlement.
It's just pre-empting the "but you wouldn't have bought anything anyway" argument.

I'm not a habitual cosmetics buyer. But I used to be.

how can I say that if I am guilty of worrying about the future of ED (maybe one of the few who really doesn’t give a damn), because even after 3337 hours of play, it is my favorite game for me, then I admit it’s to blame :)
Oh yes then "Guilty as charged"! 😁
Like me and many of the silent majority of passionate players. Unlike some of the loudmoths here at the forum's. I won't call out any names, but a really nice example of latter is present in this very thread, calling out the incompetence of the dev-team, DEMANDING stuffs over and over again, "suggesting" that FDev should sell out the Elite-Project etc. pp. and THEN remain also silent like a mouse when one (me) points out the flaws in their statements.

OMG... You seemed to have forgotten something very relevant: Your significant lack of knowledge how digital products are beeing produced.

2D-Cockpits? Really? That is soooo 90's. In times of VR, 2D-Cockpits are complete nonsense.
Sell it to another company and resign the profits made by the best selling IP?
Reprogramming the whole product, just to fit into a 3rd party engine and to PAY for the licence that comes with that engine instead using the "homemade" (and very good) one?

Before I get really unpolite, I once again get my coat and search for more popcorn. The amounts of mine just isn't enough for all your salt. :oops:
I'm one of the louder "whiteknight" forumites. I just have to stand the ground. I won't give it up without a fight. Unfortunatly the most of the doomongers are undergunned.
I'm really eager to see what "New Era" will bring, but don't expect anything. Just looking forewards what the future will bring to Elite.

FDev won't give an insight of their plans about the upcoming things. One have to simply accept that. DEMANDING insights is not an option, unless one is paying into FDev quite heavily to have the RIGHT to demand insights.

lets set something straight...i didnt say i was entitled to anything. My response was to the sstatement by a poster that we should all buy arx points if we want to speak on the forums. Having said that, my spending is relevant. I spend my money on stuff i like. Fdev may not have to make things i like in the game, true, but i dont have to spend my money either. As a consumer i can complain all i like. As long as there is an open forum, i can complain, give suggestions and give supportive or non supportive comments. As a consumer i may not be "entitled" but neither are they entitled to my hard earned money.

Last edited:
Same reason the DDF got shut down. People get overly toxic no matter what they say and its just not worth FDEV trying to talk to them.

Break the game lol, I avoided remote engineering for a day and pressed 4 twice to clear a softlock its hardly broken. ED has always been an incredibly stable game compared to anything by Bethesda, and they are in a different league to Egosoft entirely they need a decade to sort the kinks out for their stuff.

lets set something straight...i didnt say i was entitled to anything. My response was to the sstatement by a poster that we should all buy arx points if we want to speak on the forums. Having said that, my spending is relevant. I spend my money on stuff i like. Fdev may not have to make things i like in the game, true, but i dont have to spend my money either. As a consumer i can complain all i like. As long as there is an open forum, i can complain, give suggestions and give supportive or non supportive comments. As a consumer i may not be "entitled" but neither are they entitled to my hard earned money.
He was kidding. As a supplier FDEV can choose their marketing strategy, who is worth talking to and who is allowed to post in their forum.

He was kidding. As a supplier FDEV can choose their marketing strategy, who is worth talking to and who is allowed to post in their forum.
Thinking on this a bit as i patrol the county, my mind wonders on the feasibility of trust in kickstarter programs such as ED and Star citizen. I myself, would not donate to such a thing. I believe its natural to want to believe in these companies, that they would bw good stewards with the money donated. Im sure many who gave believe that they are like investors....that maybe they are owed at the very least, an explanation for Fdevs stance and business actions. I'm not sure if they are or not due anything. They donated their money...buyer beware...i am in law enforcement, for almost 20 years now, chasing down criminals....including thieves. In all these years, i learned something thing about thieves. The best ones don't steal during the dark of the night or when youre not looking....they talk you into giving them your money willingly. Am i calling Fdev thieves? No.........not yet anyway. Only time will tell. Until then i will do business with them as i do business with others. I will pay for products upon receipt and not upon promises. And my return business transactions will be determined on how well the ones went before. Prudence demands it.

Last edited:
Nice to know he spoke in jest. Yes they can control their forum.....much like i control my wallet. Let us both choose wisely
Controlling your wallet is the only sensible approach to entertainment. FDEV are fairly laid back about the forum, they let people who do nothing who gripe and bang on about refunds/legal action hang around for years after they stopped playing.

There is a limit though :

Thinking on this a bit as i patrol the county, my mind wonders on the feasibility of trust in kickstarter programs such as ED and Star citizen. I myself, would not donate to such a thing. I believe its natural to want to believe in these companies, that they would bw good stewards with the money donated. Im sure many who gave believe that they are like investors....that maybe they are owed at the very least, an explanation for Fdevs stance and business actions. I'm not sure if they are or not due anything. They donated their money...buyer beware...i am in law enforcement, for almost 20 years now, chasing down criminals....including thieves. In all these years, i learned one thing about thieves. The best ones don't steal during the dark of the night or when youre not looking....they talk you into giving them your money willingly. Am i calling Fdev thieves? No.........not yet anyway. Only time will tell. Until then i will do business with them as i do business with others. I will pay for products upon receipt and not upon promises. And my return business transactions will be determined on how well the ones went before. Prudence demands it.
I've backed a few games at early access (ED included) and been happy with them I looked into gameplay first. With ED I checked out the flyable demo before buying which is also why I noped out on star citizen (that and the ship prices it just stretches credulity beyond breaking point).

Last edited:

The only thing weird from frontier would a release without bugs... Anyone ever seen one yet ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom