ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update (22/10)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
you know, I looked at this awesome performance that the guys from Blizzard prepared (you probably too),
all these announcements, wow - shadowlands, Diablo 4, overwatch 2 and so on and admired that they are not afraid to talk about their projects a year or more before the release and I really see that Blizzard is working on its projects.
on the other hand, you are starving the community with information hunger, so it’s not very easy to believe that you at least have begun to develop your mythical “new era”.
you know, now I have only one question in my head.
if they can do that, why not you?
Blizzards a behemoth.

Also one of the defining characteristics of a lot of the ED fanbase is a near total inability to cope with any change or delay. Its not so much the mushroom treatment as it is keeping the sharp knives out of reach.

Blizzards a behemoth.

Also one of the defining characteristics of a lot of the ED fanbase is a near total inability to cope with any change or delay. Its not so much the mushroom treatment as it is keeping the sharp knives out of reach.
well, my bewilderment is not due to the fact that blizzard can announce several projects at a time, but fd doesn’t, that’s all clear. What surprises me more is why FD cannot announce anything even for the same elite. it’s only a year before the expected release (12 months, 365 days) and they still have nothing to say ?. I do not understand this.

Within reason, depends on the game. I don't like the look of cartoon games like NMS but I'm not bothered by things like remote presence.
NMS is one of those things I've avoided because of the cartoon look, but on the other hand I have tons of hours on TF2, so I guess it's the gameplay that comes with it for me!

well, my bewilderment is not due to the fact that blizzard can announce several projects at a time, but fd doesn’t, that’s all clear. What surprises me more is why FD cannot announce anything even for the same elite. it’s only a year before the expected release (12 months, 365 days) and they still have nothing to say ?. I do not understand this.
Quite simple (but a bit of speculation though), FDev learned from the past. They announced something (e.g. Ice Planets, FC) and than the community went crazy about that, speculating the blue out of the sky and then went to riot, when the delay was announced. THAT's why they keep silent unless they're ABSOLUTLY sure, they can deliver.

Again...the community is like a wife (not me though ;)): If you say something, it's wrong. If you remain silent, it's wrong. So where's the point?

Zack explained it somewhere. They don't charge a sub so unit sales are how they make cash from ED. The new expansion is a really big deal for them with a lot of cash/time invested so they'll follow a very careful marketing plan.

Based on what they've done in the past I'm expecting a cinematic trailer before a Christmas blockbuster movie in winter 2020 coupled with a lot of gaming press coverage.

If they tell us what's coming they'll get less bang for their marketing buck as no reason to publicize it in the gaming press, plus a load of grief if they need to jiggle dates or content or both.

They have nothing to gain at all by telling us and very convincing reasons not to, the primary one being ED's profitability.

Quite simple (but a bit of speculation though), FDev learned from the past. They announced something (e.g. Ice Planets, FC) and than the community went crazy about that, speculating the blue out of the sky and then went to riot, when the delay was announced. THAT's why they keep silent unless they're ABSOLUTLY sure, they can deliver.

Again...the community is like a wife (not me though ;)): If you say something, it's wrong. If you remain silent, it's wrong. So where's the point?
right? hmm ... according to the experience of other companies, it would be most correct to say "look, we are working on this, this, this and this, but, keep in mind everything can change." :)

right? hmm ... according to the experience of other companies, it would be most correct to say "look, we are working on this, this, this and this, but, keep in mind everything can change." :)
Yeah! I can clearly see into the future:

FDev: "Hey...for "New Era" we're PLANNING Spacelegs and Athmospheric planets..."
After "New Era"-Release the community: "But you PROMISED SpaceLegs and Athmo-Planets!!!1eleven!"

Simply great.

Yeah! I can clearly see into the future:

FDev: "Hey...for "New Era" we're PLANNING Spacelegs and Athomospheric planets..."
After "New Era"-Release the community: "But you PROMISED SpaceLegs and Athmo-Planets!!!1eleven!"

Simply great.
a bit wrong, see how it works. I will demonstrate now. :)
Fdev - hey, look, we want to release space legs and atmosphere in the "new era", yes! look, this is what we get (provide a few screenshots) but note, we are not sure that everything will turn out the way we want.
community after release - hey, you promised us !!!
Fdev - Nope, we warned you, you had to read carefully;)

Fdev - hey, look, we want to release space legs and atmosphere in the "new era", yes! look, this is what we get (provide a few screenshots) but note, we are not sure that everything will turn out the way we want.
Would be great if it would conclude to this. But communication is hard. "We", the community, will ALWAYS ignore the last statement.
Best proof is THIS thread. ;)

Last edited:
Would be great if it would come conclude to this. But communication is hard. "We", the community, will ALWAYS ignore the last statement.
Best proof is THIS thread. ;)
Well, as I said, you can always say "we warned, go read it carefully." I'm eagerly looking for any new information both on the forum and on reddit and on Twitter, and its absence (with the exception of similar community update, in which there is zero useful information) is frustrating. :)

Well, as I said, you can always say "we warned, go read it carefully." I'm eagerly looking for any new information both on the forum and on reddit and on Twitter, and its absence (with the exception of similar community update, in which there is zero useful information) is frustrating. :)
Point given, that it could be frustrating. I learned, to be frustrated, depends solely on oneself. One is frustrated over things they cannot change no matter what one's doing. So it's not the circumstance to blame but oneself. It's just a result of impatience and lack of "knowledge". Life's hard but unfair.

"Hate the player, not the game" (famous poker-quote) ;)

Yep, works like a charm. Ask Sandro Sammarco when he published his PP Open only proposal and at least 2 times explicitly pointed out that nothing is set in stone and no decision has been made. I don't remember his exact words right now, but you can find them in the archives. Fact is, he was very explicit in his wording and look how well this worked: The forums are still burning from players asking demanding now exactly this with a pointer to this very proposal.

Fact is, this community simply refuse to read stuff that it doesn't want to acknowledge. Like in real life. 🤪

Point given, that it could be frustrating. I learned, to be frustrated, depends solely on oneself. One is frustrated over things they cannot change no matter what one's doing. So it's not the circumstance to blame but oneself. It's just a result of impatience and lack of "knowledge". Life's hard but unfair.

"Hate the player, not the game" (famous poker-quote) ;)
how can I say that if I am guilty of worrying about the future of ED (maybe one of the few who really doesn’t give a damn), because even after 3337 hours of play, it is my favorite game for me, then I admit it’s to blame :)

and you know, I seem to be starting to guess why the Fadeevs moved the carriers release. in fact, I can conclude that this decision is purely “political”, since carriers will certainly not be anything more than just a large stationary object, on which players can land their ships and replenish supplies, as well as who can jump for 500 years . which means the release of carriers will not bring any new mechanics. which means that all the mechanics for him are already in the game from its very start. when transferring carriers, they wanted to “punish” the community for “daring” to point out bugs and oh dear, ask for their corrections. they decided "ah, do you want us to fix bugs ?! fine, we will do it
now as a minimum half a year there will be nothing but fixing bugs! " but in my opinion, by doing so, the fdev was no longer punished but really disappointed the community, at least part of it. although, I personally did not see in the appeals or that petition requests to fix bugs instead of releasing new content.
I agree. Correct me if I'm wrong on the big fixes, they said a bug fix patch would come out every 3 or 4 months. If that's so then there will be only ONE bug fix before the FCs come out? That better be one helluva bug fix then.

Last edited:
I agree. Correct me if I'm wrong on the big fixes, they said a bug fix patch would come out every 3 or 4 months. If that's so then there will be only ONE bug fix before the FCs come out? That better be one helluva but fix then.
it is, if fleet carriers flew away already in the 2nd quarter of 2020 and did not fly even further, then, before their release there will be only 1-2 "updates" consisting solely of "bugfixes". but, I am almost sure that in the spring or maximum in the summer, fdev will announce the transfer of both fleet carriers to the end of 2020 and the new era at least to the end of 2021-mid-2022.

But one thing I will say - even with my sometimes jaundiced view of ED - buy Arx. Help the development - albeit that for which they have enough money already - by buying arx.

If anyone has spent less than £2.99 on Arx they should not be allowed on this forum. (£10 for avatar pic).
I own appx. 85% of all paint jobs and other stuff in the store. I feel like I have paid for at least a Christmas party or two of fdevs with my support BEFORE arq. Having said that, they continue to procrastinate and perform horribly with their development. I'll say what I want on the forum, thank you very much. And I say I ain't buying another frakking thing until they start doing what they say. Keeping my money (and you keeping yours) is the only thing game developers and publishers understand.

I own appx. 85% of all paint jobs and other stuff in the store. I feel like I have paid for at least a Christmas party or two of fdevs with my support BEFORE arq. Having said that, they continue to procrastinate and perform horribly with their development. I'll say what I want on the forum, thank you very much. And I say I ain't buying another frakking thing until they start doing what they say. Keeping my money (and you keeping yours) is the only thing game developers and publishers understand.
I completely agree, you can search my early posts, I say the same thing if the community really wants to help fdev deal with their problems. you need to treat them in a mirror. fdev don't say anything about elite development? excellent, you just don’t have to buy anything at the frontierstore until you say it. I try to say this to everyone.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom