ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update (22/10)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'd pay full price again for space legs not really a big deal...what is a big deal is that you can't throw money at incompetence. Which has been shown at every chance available. Elite dangerous is novel concept that cannot be furthered in the hands of fdev. I honestly think time and effort would be better spent trying to convince makers of everspace 2 (while in kickstarter) real devs that talk to the community to implement what they lack against ED. The only champion grace this game holds Is scale. Does everyone realize the next generation of tech is about to drop and this dreary piece of software is struggling displaying 2d cockpits.
Unless this game is transported to a different team and engine its going nowhere but maintenance mode. I hoped that has failed, I've waited that has failed and they have all the information and report one could wish to make a better experience but even with a treasure trove of input fdev continues to fail and disappoint. I play the forums more than the game...which is sad. Though maybe I'm missing the point why this game was made?

It sounds like it.
^^^This!^^^

I'd pay full price again for space legs not really a big deal...what is a big deal is that you can't throw money at incompetence. Which has been shown at every chance available. Elite dangerous is novel concept that cannot be furthered in the hands of fdev. I honestly think time and effort would be better spent trying to convince makers of everspace 2 (while in kickstarter) real devs that talk to the community to implement what they lack against ED. The only champion grace this game holds Is scale. Does everyone realize the next generation of tech is about to drop and this dreary piece of software is struggling displaying 2d cockpits.
Unless this game is transported to a different team and engine its going nowhere but maintenance mode. I hoped that has failed, I've waited that has failed and they have all the information and report one could wish to make a better experience but even with a treasure trove of input fdev continues to fail and disappoint. I play the forums more than the game...which is sad. Though maybe I'm missing the point why this game was made?
OMG... You seemed to have forgotten something very relevant: Your significant lack of knowledge how digital products are beeing produced.

2D-Cockpits? Really? That is soooo 90's. In times of VR, 2D-Cockpits are complete nonsense.
Sell it to another company and resign the profits made by the best selling IP?
Reprogramming the whole product, just to fit into a 3rd party engine and to PAY for the licence that comes with that engine instead using the "homemade" (and very good) one?

Before I get really unpolite, I once again get my coat and search for more popcorn. The amounts of mine just isn't enough for all your salt. :oops:

I paid extra & have objectively not yet received any value from that.

I suppose the subjective part is whether the individual is concerned by that, and whether enough value is going to be delivered. My confidence in this dipped with the August 2018 announcement, the lack of useful information since has not changed my mind.

So with FDev unwilling to be more forthcoming this long after asking for the cash I'd be happy to let them be so secretive (they weren't when I paid), just return the extra cash. I'm happy either way, I'm not happy to be left in limbo feeling like a chump for so long.
There's nothing subjective about it at all, an LEP covers the lifetime of the game which quite obviously isn't over. So unless you fell through a rend in space from the future you are complaining about nothing.

Refund lol.

There's nothing subjective about it at all, an LEP covers the lifetime of the game which quite obviously isn't over. So unless you fell through a rend in space from the future you are complaining about nothing.

Refund lol.
I did already cover your points. It is possible to make educated predictions of likely future behaviour based on existing information.

There isn't enough information (for me), the OP goes into why this is.

I did already cover your points. It is possible to make educated predictions of likely future behaviour based on existing information.

There isn't enough information (for me), the OP goes into why this is.
That's not how real life works. Which I'd guess is why you are here moaning about a refund to strangers on the internet, rather than talking to the people who could actually give you one. I'm guessing your predictive powers were not taken as sufficiently persuasive by FDEV.

That's not how real life works. Which I'd guess is why you are here moaning about a refund to strangers on the internet, rather than talking to the people who could actually give you one. I'm guessing your predictive powers were not taken as sufficiently persuasive by FDEV.
Do you have any new arguments to present?

'That's not how real life works' seems a bit vague.

Dunno why this sounds to me like the right question from the wrong person. The grandmaster of repetition...
I don't really want to have to keep clarifying my position either. I don't think it's that hard to understand but that's not how real life works I guess, so here I am, once again having to spend time politely clarifying.

I don't really want to have to keep clarifying my position either. I don't think it's that hard to understand but that's not how real life works I guess, so here I am, once again having to spend time politely clarifying.
Exactly. And that's your good right of course. We all have opinions and we all make the sometimes bitter experience that this opinion won't be accepted. But up to now I've yet to make the experience that a frequently expressed opinion would have gone to anywhere. That is, as you already so wisely stated, not how real life works. There is a fine line that distinct clarifying from repetition.

I don't imply anything. Don't try to put words in my mouth or try to twist around what I might have written. English is not my native language, nevertheless I recognize clumsy attemps to do so.
You stated the engine was not the problem. There's not a lot left to blame now is there? The fault lies with either the engine or those using that engine to create the game. As you claimed it's not the engine....

So, you're not up for all that 'murshun' then,
Within reason, depends on the game. I don't like the look of cartoon games like NMS but I'm not bothered by things like remote presence.

Dunno why this sounds to me like the right question from the wrong person. The grandmaster of repetition...
That would be Rafe Zetter, he spent six years groaning that ED wasn't made to his personal specifications.

You stated the engine was not the problem. There's not a lot left to blame now is there? The fault lies with either the engine or those using that engine to create the game. As you claimed it's not the engine....
Are you Ian Bell ?.

Exactly. And that's your good right of course. We all have opinions and we all make the sometimes bitter experience that this opinion won't be accepted. But up to now I've yet to make the experience that a frequently expressed opinion would have gone to anywhere. That is, as you already so wisely stated, not how real life works. There is a fine line that distinct clarifying from repetition.
Its the "are we there yet" approach.

Hey...that's correct. But does this automatically imply that's a team's fault? Maybe it's the mashine one is running? or some borked drivers (yes, not only Elite is borked, imagine), or there're simply to many threads running or browsertabs open with forums where one can be salty, or WHATEVER!!! 🤷‍♀️

But it's understandable that it's convinient to blame the teams...sure...:rolleyes:

Greetings Commanders,

Following the launch of the September Update last month, we’d like to provide you all with an update on our plans for Elite Dangerous.

Firstly, thank you for all of your feedback on the September Update, which you've shared with us on the forums, across social media, on livestreams and through the Issue Tracker. There is no doubt that, in addition to the new features, the September Update introduced a number of issues and bugs which caused a lot of frustration. We are really sorry for these issues. We realise that some of the issues had an impact on your ability to enjoy Elite Dangerous. The team have been working hard to address the most critical issues and have already released a series of patches and updates to bring those fixes in as quickly as possible.

However, we know there's more to be done. You've asked for more focus on existing bug/fixes and issues, and for the community to be better integrated into the development process and testing for these upcoming updates.

In order to improve your overall experience, we have decided to refocus our efforts on addressing key issues and bugs. Since the launch of the September Update, we've been taking a deeper look at our internal development roadmap, the way in which we utilise public betas, and the content of our next updates.

Here is a summary of our plans:
  • From now and into next year (2020), the updates will focus almost exclusively on addressing recent and longstanding issues, including those reported in the Issue Tracker, ultimately making the game better.
  • We are expecting to have a series of these updates, which will be rolled out (approximately) every three to four months.
  • Each update will also include a public beta that will run prior to the update's release, with a dedicated time to address major issues that appear.
  • The first of these updates will have its public beta in December, with an expectation that the launch will be early in 2020.
As a result of our updated plans, we have made the difficult decision to defer the release of Fleet Carriers. We are now planning for Fleet Carriers to be released in an update in the second quarter of 2020, rather than in December 2019 as previously stated. This will grant us additional time to refine the feature as well as focusing time on addressing existing reported issues. It will also ensure the state of the game is in a better position to introduce Fleet Carriers, that will provide Commanders even more opportunities to interact with the Milky Way. We understand that this delay will be disappointing for some players, but do know that this decision is one that we do not take lightly, and is made with the best interests of the community and game at heart.

Ultimately, we are confident that this will improve the Elite Dangerous experience for all our players.

The team have been hard at work on the next major milestone, which you may remember we mentioned back in March as our next major paid addition to the game. They’re making fantastic progress and on schedule for release by the end of next year. We are very excited to show you what we’ve been working on. However, we can only announce the content when it’s at the right stage of development, we estimate this will be ready to talk about at some time in summer 2020, after the Fleet Carriers update. We appreciate there is a bit of a wait, but we want to make sure it is ready to be shown before making our full official announcement to the world.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing and continued support and for helping give us the feedback, steer and insight to make decisions that will benefit the entire community and for your continued passion and dedication.
you know, I looked at this awesome performance that the guys from Blizzard prepared (you probably too),
all these announcements, wow - shadowlands, Diablo 4, overwatch 2 and so on and admired that they are not afraid to talk about their projects a year or more before the release and I really see that Blizzard is working on its projects.
on the other hand, you are starving the community with information hunger, so it’s not very easy to believe that you at least have begun to develop your mythical “new era”.
you know, now I have only one question in my head.
if they can do that, why not you?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom