Community Challenges

Interesting. Either that, or maybe your hyenas were adopted before this challenge and therefore the change? When I tested mine I had freshly adopted them from Frontier Zoo.

Nah,more likely the case I didn't notice that the african dogs were breeding and it was their offspring that counted rather than the hyenas. The few hours I played last night I only got 2 baby hyenas and I don't think the number changed .. but whenever the dogs bred which was often the numbers climbed 3 or 4 at a time.

Is the new Community Challenge showing up for other people? I know that last week was the week off, but thought that we'd have the new one with the birds starting today?

Is the new Community Challenge showing up for other people? I know that last week was the week off, but thought that we'd have the new one with the birds starting today?
Good that I have a Bird Park🐧🦚
Didn't look yet if the Community Challenge shows up for me but I'll let you know later (just turned my Computer off)

Edit: just remembered. Aren't the Challenges starting on Tuesday? I would recommend to look again in a few Hours

Last edited:
I have a general question about community challenges: when there is a star requirement for the animals, such as the latest "release three star birds to the wild" one, must the animals be three stars and no more, or do four and five star animals work too? For whatever reason, I had almost no birds that were eligible for release that had three stars, but I had a few that were four stars I released as well. I only saw credit for one bird release, though, which suggests to me the birds must be exactly three stars.

I found the bird challenge really hard. In spite of having zoos with numerous peafowl, penguins, and ostriches coming out my ears, very, very few ended up having more than one or two stars, and the ones that did had been on display for a very long time and had excellent genetics. Even among those, though, almost none ended up qualifying. The various bird species just don't seem to be that popular with guests, even when I made a walkthrough peafowl exhibit that always had a ton of people in it.

It didn't look like that challenge was on a trajectory for success last time I saw it, though (only about 20% complete as of this AM), and it's closed now, so maybe everyone else had as much trouble getting three star birds to release as I did?

I never tried for this one but did play my big zoo over several days that have ostriches, cassowaries and peafowl, but none were around long enough to attain any stars as it is a 200+ animal 30+ species zoo so it has a quick turn around .. hopefully my trades helped those starting out or doing the challenge.

I have spent some of my 3 Star Birds but I got nothing, because this Challenge does not work with the gameplay balance of game with result that only 30% was reached by the community?
Frontier, you should start think about that you did a mistake and not bring some marketing bla bla. It is only an optional feature from the game but it should make fun and be feasible.

I have a general question about community challenges: when there is a star requirement for the animals, such as the latest "release three star birds to the wild" one, must the animals be three stars and no more, or do four and five star animals work too? For whatever reason, I had almost no birds that were eligible for release that had three stars, but I had a few that were four stars I released as well. I only saw credit for one bird release, though, which suggests to me the birds must be exactly three stars.

I found the bird challenge really hard. In spite of having zoos with numerous peafowl, penguins, and ostriches coming out my ears, very, very few ended up having more than one or two stars, and the ones that did had been on display for a very long time and had excellent genetics. Even among those, though, almost none ended up qualifying. The various bird species just don't seem to be that popular with guests, even when I made a walkthrough peafowl exhibit that always had a ton of people in it.

It didn't look like that challenge was on a trajectory for success last time I saw it, though (only about 20% complete as of this AM), and it's closed now, so maybe everyone else had as much trouble getting three star birds to release as I did?
It also depends on the other animals in your zoo... If you only have birds, the stars go up faster because the guests like them.. But if you have a tiger and a peafowl, they like the tiger more and thus the appeal of the tiger goes up quicker, and not the appeal from the peafowl ;)

Top Bottom