Community Challenges

In the running Community Challenge it is about Mackenzie-Wölfe/Wolves. What are Mackenzie-Wolves? In the Animal Market are only "Wolves" listed, the English Language specifies it as Timberwolves.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
In the running Community Challenge it is about Mackenzie-Wölfe/Wolves. What are Mackenzie-Wolves? In the Animal Market are only "Wolves" listed, the English Language specifies it as Timberwolves.
You can use any animal from North America but the one you mentioned are, in English, "Timber Wolves"

Weird... when I played in german, Timber wolves were never called Mackenzie-Wolves. It's Timber wolves now for me as well. This means that maybe the translater at Frontier got confused (which is most likely) or we got a little north america leak here.

Weird... when I played in german, Timber wolves were never called Mackenzie-Wolves. It's Timber wolves now for me as well. This means that maybe the translater at Frontier got confused (which is most likely) or we got a little north america leak here.

In the Spanish translation of the game, the Twimber wolf is called "Lobo del Mackenzie" (Mackenzie wolf). They made a big mess with the wolves when they called them "Timber wolf" instead of "grey wolf" and the game translators must have gone crazy when they saw the name didn't match the description and the map in the zoopedia.

Next Challenge, next Question ^^
Did not the Aquatic Pack Animals count for the running Challange? Caiman, Crocodiles... the animals are related to each other

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Yes @Dukemon any semi-aquatic animals. If they have the semi-aquatic symbol, which can be found in the zoopedia, you should be able to use them in the challenge :)

Wondering if the Community Challenge tracker may not be working this time around for the "Always by your side" canine challenge. We're a few days in, and it is still showing as 0%. (Which I suppose is possible if no one is participating, but it seems odd because you'd think even just normal canine births would get us above zero!).

May just be a display thing, as I am getting conservation credits for each appropriate birth on my individual account. But the "community goal" shows zero percent, so there will be no way to know near the end of the week whether we have a chance of reaching it (or if we already have).

As always, it's also possible that it's just my game/computer, and everyone else can see it fine!

Wondering if the Community Challenge tracker may not be working this time around for the "Always by your side" canine challenge. We're a few days in, and it is still showing as 0%. (Which I suppose is possible if no one is participating, but it seems odd because you'd think even just normal canine births would get us above zero!).

May just be a display thing, as I am getting conservation credits for each appropriate birth on my individual account. But the "community goal" shows zero percent, so there will be no way to know near the end of the week whether we have a chance of reaching it (or if we already have).

As always, it's also possible that it's just my game/computer, and everyone else can see it fine!

Yeah, it shows 0% progress for me too so I think it's bugged.

Yeah, it shows 0% progress for me too so I think it's bugged.

Yes, me too. When my African Wild Dogs massive breeding didn't reflect a change I thought I would see if it was because they weren't classed as canids... so set up a hyena habitat. Between them it is showing 20 animals so far for my contribution with the total still at 0%. But it does show me climbing the ranks as normal.. so hopefully it is just a display problem for that challenge screen and any rewards are passed out as they should.

Yes, me too. When my African Wild Dogs massive breeding didn't reflect a change I thought I would see if it was because they weren't classed as canids... so set up a hyena habitat. Between them it is showing 20 animals so far for my contribution with the total still at 0%. But it does show me climbing the ranks as normal.. so hopefully it is just a display problem for that challenge screen and any rewards are passed out as they should.
Hyenas don't count for the challenge. That was the first thing I tested after they properly changed the challenge image to wild dogs.

They are working for me .. Over 30 as of last night between the two animal breeds. Oh they must have changed the image sometime last night I will have to watch when the count jumps when each species breeds.

Why do Hyenas count? I'll need to test this once I've found a Way to make the Hyena Enclosure I've built bigger. I'm pretty sure they shouldn't count towards the Challenge

I thought Hyenas may have been classed as canids .. but they don't have the same pack mentality breeding wise so maybe not. My Hyenas haven't bred yet today but the African Wild Dogs definitely have so it's no biggie if the Hyenas didn't. I added them when I thought the African Wild Dogs weren't counting.

Hyenas shouldnt count, they are not canids, they are actually more closely related to felids and only look and act like canids because of convergent evolution (same evolutionary result, but no shared evolutionary history)

That actually makes sense now .. remembering programs with them in. I get the reverse problem when thinking about foxes .. I seem to think they should be in the cat family rather than the dog family rofl.

Ah yes, looking it up they have been grouped into its own hyaenidae family as a member of the feliformia (cat like) sub order among the carnivora order.

So for this challenge, wolves and wild dogs only.

They are working for me .. Over 30 as of last night between the two animal breeds. Oh they must have changed the image sometime last night I will have to watch when the count jumps when each species breeds.
Interesting. Either that, or maybe your hyenas were adopted before this challenge and therefore the change? When I tested mine I had freshly adopted them from Frontier Zoo.

Top Bottom