Community Challegne - Primates

I wasn’t particularly trying for the challenge as the rewards don’t really interest me and I view the challenge rewards as getting lazier. I only managed 36 over the weekend and was able to get to the top tier. Seems I got lucky with an Male African elephant variant 4x100 as my top.

Definitely a random throw of the dice. Not quite fair to many others. My other two were a good Galapagos Tortoise and a Lion. The rewards just seem a bit blah at this point. Three random, and possibly quite common, animals is unbelievably boring. An albino ostrich being a top prize is horrible. If it would have been my third, that trio of animals would be awful. And the meager CC rewards don’t really do much of anything. A statue, plaque, or even the avatar outfits would do much more than 125 CC.

I didn't get any variants at all. I got a Himalayan bear, a Japanese macaque, and a giant panda. None were albinos or any other color variant. They aren't any better than any of the others I've gotten in the past. I'm not happy at all. It seems like they've taken away the fun outfits and given us nothing at all in return. They also didn't bother posting about the Community Challenge having started on their Facebook page. They don't seem to care about the challenges anymore.

I didn't get any variants at all. I got a Himalayan bear, a Japanese macaque, and a giant panda. None were albinos or any other color variant. They aren't any better than any of the others I've gotten in the past. I'm not happy at all. It seems like they've taken away the fun outfits and given us nothing at all in return. They also didn't bother posting about the Community Challenge having started on their Facebook page. They don't seem to care about the challenges anymore.
I agree, they didn't do anything with rewards except take away something we were getting and add a chance for one albino animal. Definitely not worth going put of one's way to participate now. I personally liked the outfits as rewards, mostly the crazy hats. It was something different and a way to show you participated in a past event.

Well, I know why I don't bother anymore...I kept getting Nile Monitors, Tortoises and Aardvarks as rewards for being in the top 9% so yeah, definitely not worth the time, effort and CC spent for the challenge, and from the looks of it nothing has changed. Boring and repetitive tasks and little to no reward in the end.

On top of that I don't really get a community type of feeling from those challenges. It's more like each and every player is fighting for themselves to get into the top 10% and that's not really the coming together I imagined when community challenges were first announced back in the day. I hoped it would've more of a team player element to it, like several players and franchises actually getting together and forming larger groups to work towards a certain goal. As it is we don't even have the ability to trade animals with specific zoos/franchises, let alone actually communicate with others ingame...what we got now is nothing but a single player breeding farm challenge.

Oh well, maybe I'm just thinking too much about those user held tournaments we had back in the ZT2 community forums, where we actually formed teams to come up with projects and builds to meet the requirements of the task we got. In the end there was a poll to determine the winner and I mean there wasn't even a real prize at the end, it was all about getting together and having fun and it was. I had way more fun working on those challenges than I ever did taking part in PZ so called community challenges. I know something like that would probably be way too complicated and time consuming to set up for Frontier, but I still wish there was a little bit more of that in the PZ challenges as well.

Last edited:
Well, I know why I don't bother anymore...I kept getting Nile Monitors, Tortoises and Aardvarks as rewards for being in the top 9% so yeah, definitely not worth the time, effort and CC spent for the challenge, and from the looks of it nothing has changed. Boring and repetitive tasks and little to no reward in the end.

On top of that I don't really get a community type of feeling from those challenges. It's more like each and every player is fighting for themselves to get into the top 10% and that's not really the coming together I imagined when community challenges were first announced back in the day. I hoped it would've more of a team player element to it, like several players and franchises actually getting together and forming larger groups to work towards a certain goal. As it is we don't even have the ability to trade animals with specific zoos/franchises, let alone actually communicate with others ingame...what we got now is nothing but a single player breeding farm challenge.

Oh well, maybe I'm just thinking too much about those user held tournaments we had back in the ZT2 community forums, where we actually formed teams to come up with projects and builds to meet the requirements of the task we got. In the end there was a poll to determine the winner and mean there wasn't even a real prize at the end, it was all about getting together and having fun and it was. I had way more fun working on those challenges than I ever did taking part in PZ so called community challenges. I know something like that would probably be way too complicated and time consuming to set up for Frontier, but I still wish there was a little bit more of that in the PZ challenges as well.
I totaly agree with you, especially about the non community feeling and breeding farm challenges.

To be honest, if the next challenge is the same as it is now, im not participating either

On top of that I don't really get a community type of feeling from those challenges. It's more like each and every player is fighting for themselves to get into the top 10% and that's not really the coming together I imagined when community challenges were first announced back in the day. I hoped it would've more of a team player element to it, like several players and franchises actually getting together and forming larger groups to work towards a certain goal. As it is we don't even have the ability to trade animals with specific zoos/franchises, let alone actually communicate with others ingame...what we got now is nothing but a single player breeding farm challenge
Tbh, that's basically every game with a community challenge.
For Battlefield V, some time ago it was a community challenge to earn a weapon for a collective 100,000,000 kills or assists. (not much community spirit in killing eachother)
And with Fortnite (don't play the game) I've heard you needed to earn 2 - 3 billion points together to earn a skin/wrap etc.
Basically all games are the same in this approach to community challenge. Maybe the term collective challenge is more accurate?

With some games you don't even get a individual reward for your contribution. Even if you think CC is a poor reward, it's still a reward. I think the community reward should be more special than this.

Tbh, that's basically every game with a community challenge.
For Battlefield V, some time ago it was a community challenge to earn a weapon for a collective 100,000,000 kills or assists. (not much community spirit in killing eachother)
And with Fortnite (don't play the game) I've heard you needed to earn 2 - 3 billion points together to earn a skin/wrap etc.
Basically all games are the same in this approach to community challenge. Maybe the term collective challenge is more accurate?

With some games you don't even get a individual reward for your contribution. Even if you think CC is a poor reward, it's still a reward. I think the community reward should be more special than this.
True.

Like I said: it's the whole setup of those challenges, but anything else would most likely be to much to set up for the developers. Though at least the option to send other players messages and trade with specific franchises should be possible to implement somehow.

Though at least the option to send other players messages and trade with specific franchises should be possible to implement somehow.
Send other players messages: I think with kids/teens playing the game - you don't want some adults approach them through an in-game chat/message system. There's a very good reason why a lot of games don't allow this.
Trade with specific franchises: Never been a fan of this suggestion. People will start making their own market on Discord and animals will barely show up in the market anymore.
I think trading like this will influence the market too much - Maybe if they improve on the market features I'll change my mind on this one.

Honestly, that felt more of a community challenge than what we have in PZ. It's also because you are actually playing with other people in real time as opposed to PZ where the only "community" part is the percentage of progress you see when you launch the game.

The appeal of avatar outfits has faded and the animal rewards are average at best. I can breed/buy much better animals. The rewards are simply not appealing anymore. Often time the amount of CC you have to spend to achieve the goal could be put towards purchasing a much better animal than what you get as reward.

Also, I think getting top tier animals should be much more challenging. Because finally buying that polar bear you have wanted for so long and worked hard for is suppose to be an event in your zoo. It's suppose to be something special. I feel like an "unlock system" would work much better than the market we have right now.

Okay can a dev explain to me the logic of how if albino animals are part of the reward someone breeding 66 gets an albino and someone breeding 729 over 10 times the amount gets no albinos? Was it just that some albinos were put into the mix and it was a random grab bag of who got what? because that seems totally unfair and frustrating for the people who put a lot of effort into it and get worse rewards?
I actually put a bunch of work into it as I had never played with those animals before. Spent a poopoo ton of CC's to get the 66 I did and made a few mistakes.. and played other things during this time.

Top Bottom