Celebrating 35 years of Elite!

Well, I either won, and they're updating me - or I've been sent to prison for a (fertiliser) crime I barely committed. I might have to call the A-team :)

View attachment 144389

(only happening on the CMDR that I entered the competition with)
\o/ Yay - it let me back in! But no paintjob (and no sternly worded fertiliser message either - which is nice :) ) Though bizarrely my Cobra 3 has been shipped to my current location - which I cannot remember doing <cue twilight zone music>

Implication from the OP is that the reward will be credited straight to CMDRS accts 🤷‍♀️

\o/ Yay - it let me back in! But no paintjob (and no sternly worded fertiliser message either - which is nice :) ) Though bizarrely my Cobra 3 has been shipped to my current location - which I cannot remember doing <cue twilight zone music>

Implication from the OP is that the reward will be credited straight to CMDRS accts 🤷‍♀️
Help! I can't find my way into the store to check? Oh wait, never mind...

Nope, nothing in my list of available paint jobs yet, did someone forget?

I imagine they'll do it when they get back from lunch. Most of the OP just talks about today, there was only one mention specifically of 11:00 UTC. Almost like they knew it was going to slip, but they missed one mention...

The competition will run from now until 23 September (11:00 UTC) and winners will be contacted by 25 September (11:00 UTC). With the aid of the Elite Dangerous development team, our top 35 favourite comments will be rewarded with the Paint Job.
Checks OP for changes to terms and conditions...

Hmm, nope. FDev, you said you'd do something! Integrity on the line here, where's the winners?

[Edit: Does being a pest, pointing out discrepancies disqualify an entry? (Not in the terms either)]

Last edited:

Hmm, nope. FDev, you said you'd do something! Integrity on the line here, where's the winners?

[Edit: Does being a pest, pointing out discrepancies disqualify an entry? (Not in the terms either)]
Could qualify for this bit :)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (FACEBOOK/TWITTER)

• Frontier Developments has the right to remove any entry at their sole discretion

Magic, thanks for the link. Didn't win, and they can't count, 36 winners?

@Paige Harvey why wasn't this linked or edited into the original thread?

[Edit: Start date: "Today at 12:59 AM" Just me or does that seem, late?]

Last edited:
I know it is too late to reply for this. But I was 10 when Elite came out the C64. I remember watching my friend play it and I wanted to have a go, which he kindly did. But the thing I remeber the most was the little cardboard sleeve that you placed over the function keys. When I got my copy of Elite, I spent a few hours making 6 of those and carefully placing sellotape over it to protect it. I played for hours, did trade missions but not once did I ever get much money, or even get to have those military lasers. I still love the original to this day, and I love elite dangerous on PS4 thank you for making it available for consoles too

I know it is too late to reply for this. But I was 10 when Elite came out the C64. I remember watching my friend play it and I wanted to have a go, which he kindly did. But the thing I remeber the most was the little cardboard sleeve that you placed over the function keys. When I got my copy of Elite, I spent a few hours making 6 of those and carefully placing sellotape over it to protect it. I played for hours, did trade missions but not once did I ever get much money, or even get to have those military lasers. I still love the original to this day, and I love elite dangerous on PS4 thank you for making it available for consoles too
I remember we had a specially shaped ring-bound leafed insert that we stuck various cards to for different games & functions. Elite was the last one (under the perspex panel) because we used it so much & that made it quick to switch to :)

I remember we had a specially shaped ring-bound leafed insert that we stuck various cards to for different games & functions. Elite was the last one (under the perspex panel) because we used it so much & that made it quick to switch to :)
That was a good idea. I only had the cardboard type, but that was a great idea, shame magazines didn't come up with idea I had so many games that keyboard reminders would have helped very much. Oh the good old days of tapes and floppy disks.

Greetings Commanders,

Over the years, the Elite series of games has grown and evolved, starting all the way from the first Elite (published on this very day in 1984) to the Elite Dangerous we have today!

For the 35th anniversary of Elite 1984, we want to look back and celebrate each and every Commander who has shared this incredible ride with us.

Haven't had the chance to earn your wings in the iconic Elite? Claim your free copy on the Frontier Store for PC and Mac here.

As a gift for every Commander, head over to the in-game store, and you will be able to claim your own Retro Thargoid Bobblehead, available until 27 September (16:00 UTC) for 1 ARX.

But that's not all! Alongside this octagonal interloper, we've got 35 Cobra MK III Classic Wireframe Paint Jobs to give away. To be in with the chance to win one of these Paint Jobs, all you need to do is reply to this thread, telling us about your favourite memory playing one of the Elite games. Don't forget to include your Commander Name to be eligible to win!

The competition will run from now until 23 September (11:00 UTC) and winners will be contacted by 25 September (11:00 UTC). With the aid of the Elite Dangerous development team, our top 35 favourite comments will be rewarded with the Paint Job.

You can also get involved over on Steam, Twitter and Facebook! Please find all of the Terms and Conditions below.

Whether you've only just donned your flight suit, or you've been with us over the last 35 years, thank you for all of your passion and support!

Fly safe.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS (FORUM/STEAM)
  • Prize: One (1) Cobra MK III Classic Wireframe Paint Job. (35 per platform – Frontier Forums, Steam, Facebook and Twitter)
  • One submission per person (per platform).
  • You only officially enter the competition when you reply, with your favourite Elite Dangerous memory, to the relevant competition thread/post.
  • Be sure to include your Commander Name in your reply to be eligible to win.
  • The competition closes on Monday 23 September (2019) at 11:00 UTC.
  • The winners will be announced by Wednesday 25 September (2019) and prizes will be credited directly to the winner's account.
  • The winners will be chosen by a panel of Elite Dangerous developers.
  • Objectionable or offensive content will be disqualified.
  • No submission should violate the Elite Dangerous EULA and TOS.
  • Frontier Developments has the right to remove any entry at their sole discretion
  • Frontier Developments employees are excluded from participating in the event.
  • Frontier Developments reserve the right to exchange any prize for a prize of similar value.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (FACEBOOK/TWITTER)
  • Prize: One (1) Cobra MK III Classic Wireframe Paint Job. (35 per platform – Frontier Forums, Steam, Facebook and Twitter)
  • One submission per person (per platform).
  • You only officially enter the competition when you reply, with your favourite Elite Dangerous memory, to the relevant competition thread/post.
  • Be sure to include your Commander Name in your reply to be eligible to win.
  • The winners will be contacted by the Frontier Community Team via Facebook DM, Twitter DM or Forum DM. Please ensure you are following @EliteDangerous on Twitter to allow us to contact you.
  • The winners have 7 days to respond and claim the prize; if no response has been received after 7 days, you forfeit your prize.
  • The competition closes on Monday 23 September (2019) at 11:00 UTC.
  • The winners will be announced by Wednesday 25 September (2019) and prizes will be credited directly to the winner's account.
  • The winners will be chosen by a panel of Elite Dangerous developers.
  • Objectionable or offensive content will be disqualified.
  • No submission should violate the Elite Dangerous EULA and TOS.
  • Frontier Developments employees are excluded from participating in the event.
  • Frontier Developments reserve the right to exchange any prize for a prize of similar value.
Guess what I was one of the original purchasers and players on Elite in 1984, WOW 35 years ago, and we still hove the BBC B computer that we used to play Elite then))))))) just wish I could bring my data across from the Acorn A300 I was Deadly then LOL

Top Bottom