Can't find fair trading missions

Hello

I'm new at the game, I just leave the training systems (Dromi, Matet, etc.). Since I left I simply can't find fair and straightforward trading missions. I just find combat missions, dangerous "Kill Pirate" or smuggle illegal weapons, data, etc. missions.

I just want to specialize on TRADE/Exploration missions. I'm not interested (and I'm not good at) combat or spy missions. I wonder if ED's Devs have ever consider the possibility to address players who just want to see the amazing game's galaxy and get some credits doing fair missions and avoiding big trouble.

Hello

I'm new at the game, I just leave the training systems (Dromi, Matet, etc.). Since I left I simply can't find fair and straightforward trading missions. I just find combat missions, dangerous "Kill Pirate" or smuggle illegal weapons, data, etc. missions.

I just want to specialize on TRADE/Exploration missions. I'm not interested (and I'm not good at) combat or spy missions. I wonder if ED's Devs have ever consider the possibility to address players who just want to see the amazing game's galaxy and get some credits doing fair missions and avoiding big trouble.
Especially look for an Extraction system near an Industrial system. Those have nice deliveries of precious metals. It has to be said that FD recently clobbered the payouts for those though. They had been too high, now I hope they'll get a slight adjustment back up.

Also, don't overlook "go and fetch goods" missions. They can be paid slightly better than the deliveries. If you base yourself in a certain area, you'll not only rank up with the local factions to get better missions, but also get to know what's available in the surrounding systems.

https://eddb.io/ is useful to get to know systems, stations and availability of goods.

add to that: i personally prefer doing trade or exploration "sandboxing". if a mision plops up and is on my route, i'm gonna do it - but scouting your own traderoutes and doing bulktrading is good fun for me (and i don't have to rely on mission board rng). very often good trade routes also bring trading missions along them.

Note: Almost all "Wing" trading missions are "unfair", owing to the idea that you should be operating as a wing of up to four people to do them (quadrupling the total reward pool)... Also note that some trade missions aren't profitable at Neutral reputation level; you need to get to Friendly or Allied for them to be profitable. Almost all trade missions leave you out of pocket if you're unfriendly.

In short:
  • Get Allied
  • Don't do Wing Trade missions alone

I suggest using a 3rd party site like eddb io for it's single hop route trading, abab loop route trading, or multi hop route trading. Even in an adder you can make consistent money, just limited by your cargo size, so do multiple trips. But sooner or later you will need to get allied to the factions in whatever system(s) you choose to make home.

Top Bottom