Notice Bonus Federation Rank! (5 - 16 December)

Guys, why are there no missions available at the stations in this system? I came here with Rear Admiral rank and would like to continue on, I really don't get it.

Well I'm must be an old fart .... Thanks Frontier all that time I spent on ranking up triple elite etc .
I'm actually disappointed .
Trade elite is a nothing not the year of playing ( a few hours mining )
Exploration elite is a nothing as it took me a year ( you don't even have to leave the bubble )
Combat is the only one that you have to work at.
Now Fed rank what next imperial ??
There was a time when you worked at these things ( no grind) and getting it was an achievment .
When we had the thargoids we got a discount on fed ships which is ok
Now two minutes in and you can have elite and corvette ??
Is it just me ???
Imp rank has always been faster to get. Courier runs from Ngalinn are quicker than most if not all Fed equivalents. 4-5 hours gets you to Duke from scratch and that's taking your time at a steady pace.

So if I bought my original Vette at Founders would selling it a d rebuying it in LYR space net me a return (and cheaper rebuy)?

Last edited:
So if I bought my original Vette at Founders would selling it a d rebuying it in LYR space net me a return (and cheaper rebuy)?
Probably, but you should pay a cheaper rebuy as it is based on hull cost as well as modules. You could reduce even further by buying your modules in LYR space also.

Not really, as the vette is discounted now so it would be a loss. You're right on rebuy, should be ~3mln less.
I think (not certain) that the sell is at original buy price less the restock fee (10%?) so a 'profit' could be made in comparison to the current buy price - which is then reflected in insurance rebuy.

Probably, but you should pay a cheaper rebuy as it is based on hull cost as well as modules. You could reduce even further by buying your modules in LYR space also.
Yeah rebuying modules would be cheaper but then I'd have to re-engineer them. That's a big fat no from me on the module front. Cheaper hull would be good though. Will check it out later! Thanks.

Off-topic: How are you finding the Valve Index?
I love it, because I am a clarity/no distortion freak, and Index delivers that. Zero problems reading text in Elite and it's quite sharp. Much less "neck looking", I can finally use my eyeballs again. FOV is a step up, though anywhere near Pimax. Vertical FOV is great, I feel it spans my entire useable vertical vision (that's obviously not true but it feels like it).

The sound is excellent too, and the hmd is very comfortable. The downside to Index is glare/godrays and knuckles not being high quality, which is crazy considering how many iterations they did before release. Overall I love the HMD, huge step up from Vive. And if you have old Vive lighthouses it works with them so you can pay a bit less.

I was Vice Admiral 33%, done a few assassination missions, jumped to 56% in no time. I'll just finish this Admiral thing now, just because it's there, and then be done with it.

Hi @UberMeg67,

As @Kryxix highlights, the Federation rank bonus will be galaxy-wide!
went to Upaniklis and couldn't get a mission. They said there were none. what'up? I am looking to level up and can't seem to find a system to get missions (this includes RHEA a Fed homeworld). Am I doing something wrong? Oh, by the way in the only system I have even seen Navy missions they were ALL 22 THOUSAND ly away!!! Could I please get some insight here.

went to Upaniklis and couldn't get a mission. They said there were none. what'up? I am looking to level up and can't seem to find a system to get missions (this includes RHEA a Fed homeworld). Am I doing something wrong? Oh, by the way in the only system I have even seen Navy missions they were ALL 22 THOUSAND ly away!!! Could I please get some insight here.
I headed over to Sol after I had collected my decal from Upanikilis and the five stations and outpost that I have used there are brimming with Federation missions and the boards in Tau Ceti and Epsilon Indi that were some of my destinations had a good supply as well.
The navy missions appeared either straight away or occasionally after logging in for my next session and have all been fairly innocuous local missions within about 20 lights from Sol.

Sounds like random isn’t your friend at the moment.

Question: I dismissed a federal mission I accepted before.
Don't grind too hard, Canopus has a 'good' Fed Rank 'grind' status as everything goes to the next system, likewise return trips, easy to stack data (and with a big cargo ship) and cargo missions - only drawback is the 47KLs distance to Canopus' starport, But you do get to be interdicted by lots of Anacondas :)

Hope you do get there!
Strange, the other day, I had not that luck, but yesterday evening, it worked a charm as you described. Thanks for that! Helps a lot, and yeah, taking the Condas appart with my Conda is hellish fun, got pharmaceutical isolators up this way too. :)

Top Bottom