Notice Bonus Federation Rank! (5 - 16 December)

I get a kick out of everyone who is working like a dog to get to Rear Admiral, even if they don't want to purchase the Corvette, stating perhaps they will at a latter date. And upon finishing the trip, coming to a complete stop.

One should ask themselves, WHY; Why after all these years, why now did Fdev deliberately come up with this process of getting everyone and anyone whom wishs. A considerably faster grind to Admiralty. Though most will take this deliberate process of unknowing reasoning and stop at Rear Admiral. Perhaps, stopping at Rear Admiral isn't such a good idea. Perhaps after all these years of Admiralty not have any credence, thus making the arduous journey from Rear Admiral to Admiral a pretty much waste of time except to those that dared to go the additional distance and managed to finish it. Perhaps I'm correct, and one of the steps of obtaining a carrier is one must be an Admiral.
For the same reasons engineers are having a global "reduced materials day".
Because you need something to make the players come back online and play. MSPaint-jobs aren't really doing the trick these days anymore.

Perhaps more permits are going to be issued 'soon' to the more 'interesting' locked systems - it would be even more curious should Imp rank receive the same 'double inf+' incentive...
Then I'd buy 2 more cutters because why not?

Currently there is no incentive to go all they way to admiral and king, one day there might be, and those who already got the rank can dive right in.

It does beggar the question "Why?"...

Perhaps more permits are going to be issued 'soon' to the more 'interesting' locked systems - it would be even more curious should Imp rank receive the same 'double inf+' incentive...

I guess we have to sit on our hands and wait with bated breath :)
Me thinks that if this endevor plays well, IMP progression will be next. If so, perhaps Fdev has taken my idea and are gonna make it happen.

Well I'm must be an old fart .... Thanks Frontier all that time I spent on ranking up triple elite etc .
I'm actually disappointed .
Trade elite is a nothing not the year of playing ( a few hours mining )
Exploration elite is a nothing as it took me a year ( you don't even have to leave the bubble )
Combat is the only one that you have to work at.
Now Fed rank what next imperial ??
There was a time when you worked at these things ( no grind) and getting it was an achievment .
When we had the thargoids we got a discount on fed ships which is ok
Now two minutes in and you can have elite and corvette ??
Is it just me ???
Probably not just you, however after years of play and still only double elite I am at least optimistic that I will be able to get a Corvette a year ahead of when I thought.

It is a limited period offer similar to the one a couple of years back when you get the other Fed ships without the rank requirement being met, and I seem to recall hearing that there was something similar for the Clipper back before I started.

As for why, personally I am quite happy with my conda, yeah I would buy a corvette to play around with and see what I prefer, but my main reason is a rumour that you would need to be Admiral rank if you wish to purchase a fleet carrier. Perhaps not true, but I think it sounds plausible.

it would be even more curious should Imp rank receive the same 'double inf+' incentive
There was a sale of imperial ships without rank requirement a long time ago, IDK if there was a similar "double xp" event for Imperial Rank.

Any means to skip the grind is good, and making final step to Admiral is just a matter of momentum. I brought my cargo python into the mix because I had 3 systems in boom state, and even made some decent cash while at it. Just finishing the open missions before the appropriate rank-up mission popped up took me halfway to next rank... There's not much left to "finish" the whole grind :)

Okay, I'm currently ranking up with the dirty feds, despite my moral compass being much more geared to the Empire. I have two questions. Is the double rank and the fed ships discount only for those who participated in the community goal? Do you have to go and get the Golconda decal now in order to qualify for the double ranking and the fed ships discount?

Okay, I'm currently ranking up with the dirty feds, despite my moral compass being much more geared to the Empire. I have two questions. Is the double rank and the fed ships discount only for those who participated in the community goal? Do you have to go and get the Golconda decal now in order to qualify for the double ranking and the fed ships discount?
No, anyone can do them. The decal is just 'because I can' rather than needed :)

Urgh. Encouragement for people to help the Dirty Feds. It's like a party political broadcast for the conservative party.
If you moved your behinds in the CG instead of basking, it could as well be encouragement to help stinky slavers... I myself don't pay attention to the superpowers... Did my dues for the Cutter, now doing dues for the Corvette... As if it would determine how I use these tools (ships), mwahahaha...

Urgh. Encouragement for people to help the Dirty Feds....
I guess you found a way to pay off your indenture then....

Makes me so glad I'm not power affiliated, at least I can enjoy harvesting 'goodies' from all of them without feeling sullied, Cargo hauled in a big Imp ship, CZ's in a Fed and BH'ing in Alliance... Total versatility with no 'guilt' trip :)

If you moved your behinds in the CG instead of basking, it could as well be encouragement to help stinky slavers... I myself don't pay attention to the superpowers... Did my dues for the Cutter, now doing dues for the Corvette... As if it would determine how I use these tools (ships), mwahahaha...
Are you insinuating I would fight for the Empire?

I guess you found a way to pay off your indenture then....

Makes me so glad I'm not power affiliated, at least I can enjoy harvesting 'goodies' from all of them without feeling sullied, Cargo hauled in a big Imp ship, CZ's in a Fed and BH'ing in Alliance... Total versatility with no 'guilt' trip :)
Same question to you.

Top Bottom