Blame and unpunishment:

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Is the guy physically attacking the author of OP or anyone in his group? If no physical attack is happening, then the old adage still stands: sticks and stone may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. This snowflake “I’m physically hurt by words” attitude needs to leave the world. Some people are A-holes, but as long as they don’t touch you, I promise, their words can never EVER physically hurt you. Now if your constitution is incredibly weak, that’s something you can work on. Being offended is literally your problem, in that you don’t have to be offended, you choose to be.
violence is violence, without distinction between physical and psychological, they are both wrong. and violence is never justifiable, especially if free. offenses are the most common form of verbal violence, and in the wrong environment they can lead to extreme gestures. that said, I leave you to your beliefs, which I personally do not care.

Words can indeed be used to cause substantial psychological injury and suffering (we are social animals and our worldview is shaped by our communications with others... whether we know it or not).

But if the digital equivalent of an impersonal "nyah-nyah, you guys suck" is causing substantial psychological injury and suffering, there's a more important problem that needs addressed. People are asreholes sometimes. You gotta have a thick skin. Yeah, there's a limit to how thick a skin can or should be, but it's gotta be higher than this. For your own wellbeing.

violence is violence, without distinction between physical and psychological, they are both wrong. and violence is never justifiable, especially if free. offenses are the most common form of verbal violence, and in the wrong environment they can lead to extreme gestures.
🤣 You would think a hate-crime had been committed against DVC. If being called an a-hole is enough to destroy your game experience and/or equitable to violence, daily life (nevermind using the internet) must be incredibly harrowing.

🤣 You would think a hate-crime had been committed against DVC. If being called an a-hole is enough to destroy your game experience and/or equitable to violence, daily life (nevermind using the internet) must be incredibly harrowing.
what I said was to respond to the post quoted, which spoke of verbal violence as a harmless and negligible thing, in my opinion a wrong thing. not to say that I feel particularly offended at this moment.

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Ok.

I think we've had enough of the drama and poking fun at the Op's expense.

@OP Trying to pressurise Frontier via the forums is generally not a good idea. Follow up the Support route with your grievances.

Closing this now to prevent further discomfort.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom