Blame and unpunishment:

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
But "I dont like someone else's ship name" is not something they should pay attention to or fix. Instead, when they get such a request they should print it and put it on the company fridge to have a laugh every morning. Honestly, the idea to waste someone's time by writing them to 'fix' this is pure cringe. There are people with 'real' issues they need support for, such as the game not starting or their save being mucked up. This is wasting everyone's time.
make offence with ships names is breaking EULA.
That's it

There is nothing to be fixed here. You are playing the BGS and so is he

I checked your faction and i see that you are controlling 89 systems.
Have you ever thought that you maybe steamrolled a system that he used to call home?
If so, you just made his revenge really sweet...
Ha. EIGHTY NINE systems. I'm starting to become more sympathetic towards Anaconda Man.

Edit: and it's a Corporate faction as well. Eurgh. Spreading beige blandness across the bubble.

One person can upset the BGS of a group that has 89 systems?
HOW? I want to know because there are some big groups I would really like to upset (clue below).
Of course one single player cannot mess up the BGS of the larger-in-game minor faction. But if he does his actions in combination with other players he can make some mess. But is not the point of the topic: we said at the beginning: if you play your game is fine, but breaking the rules is not.

Of course one single player cannot mess up the BGS of the larger-in-game minor faction. But if he does his actions in combination with other players he can make some mess. But is not the point of the topic: we said at the beginning: if you play your game is fine, but breaking the rules is not.
With the greatest respect - which rule(s) is/are being broken? I wasn't able to determine that from your initial post - apart from naughty name-calling that is.

make offence with ships names is breaking EULA.
That's it
It's not cheating though. It's a rule regarding naughty language...which is laughable in of itself and so it's not going to get widespread support from the public. You're bordering on the whole "nobody likes a tattle tale" lesson learned by most kids at age 5. Yes, breaking rules is bad. Telling the authorities every single time one is broken when those rules dont really matter, is often considered a worse offense than the rule that was broken.

You're not going to find a lot of sympathy regarding censorship online. These are rules put in place by businesses who are afraid without them, they'll lose customers or be held liable for some nutjob's abuse of the privilege. Not because it is right.

It's not cheating though. It's a rule regarding naughty language...which is laughable in of itself and so it's not going to get widespread support from the public. You're bordering on the whole "nobody likes a tattle tale" lesson learned by most kids at age 5. Yes, breaking rules is bad. Telling the authorities every single time one is broken when those rules dont really matter, is often considered a worse offense than the rule that was broken.

You're not going to find a lot of sympathy regarding censorship online. These are rules put in place by businesses who are afraid without them, they'll lose customers or be held liable for some nutjob's abuse of the privilege. Not because it is right.
I never told he's a cheater, never.
But naming ships in any offending way is breaking EULA paragraph 7.3
after almost one month, and many reports, name is still there.
That's the point: why someone can break the rules?

Personally, i think you have bigger issue than ship name from what I noticed of your situation.... Just let go some systems, you ll still be first.

Don t do the mistake thinking you ll win this battle. Ask Alliance, WoJ, EG, and so on....

Last thing, aren't you an EEE group with direct access to FD ? And aren t you the one who pushed for the more dynamic BGS (3.3) ? (i know the answer)

Last edited:
Jesus Christ... Who gets to determine if the name is offensive again? I'm going to submit every name in this thread to the "I'm offended" list with FDev. They surely must meet my demands because they can't prove I'm not offended.
Are you seriously telling to call someone else "as**ole" is not an offence?

The post says he is "suspected of cheating". Do you have proof of the rules that he is breaking that is giving him an advantage over your group? Most civilized nations have a policy of innocence until proven guilty, so to claim this player is cheating is a serious accusation. Giving merit to accusations about cheating without the need to provide definitive proof and then demanding action is dangerous to all players. I'm glad FDev are not jumping on this.

The post says he is "suspected of cheating". Do you have proof of the rules that he is breaking that is giving him an advantage over your group? Most civilized nations have a policy of innocence until proven guilty, so to claim this player is cheating is a serious accusation. Giving merit to accusations about cheating without the need to provide definitive proof and then demanding action is dangerous to all players. I'm glad FDev are not jumping on this.
suspect is not an accusation, it's just a suspect.

Are you seriously telling to call someone else "as**ole" is not an offence?
No, he is saying that whether you consider it offensive or not is a choice you yourself make. In any case, I never heard to DVC before, but based on how their members including you act in this topic I am starting to consider that Terrible Person may have a point, despite his lack of eloquence.

suspect is not an accusation, it's just a suspect.
Ah, I see. In that case I suspect every single member of DVC of cheating. From now on you are all officially and publicly suspected of cheating. I think it is really important that we all spread this news to as many ED communities as we can.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom