Blame and unpunishment:

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The post was removed for naming and shaming, ad I can agree with that, at least I can understand. But, as all you guys can be see in the pictures, there is a Commander out there that called his ship "DVC are as****es" from roughly one month, and nothing happened even after many reports, in game an by tickets.
This is shaming also, I guess.

Last edited:
As a DaVinci Commander I find this situation unacceptable.
I like having “enemies” in Elite Dangerous, but this dude is nothing but a cheater and offender...

Probably some juvenile kiddy with fewer brain cells than his/her age, trying to get a rise from you or someone in your faction that may have destroyed his/her ship at some point.

There are certain things that Frontier say are not acceptable & they will act on them. Sounds from your post that you're following the procedure but Frontier are slow to act.
All that you can do is keep badgering Frontier until they take up their responsibilties & act on this player.....maybe if Frontier support isn't sorting it, try contacting the CM team, after all you'd think that's part of THEIR remit.

Sure, I was busy this week but in the next days I'm going to keep tiket open on that until they do something.

Looking at those bounties I would also say they probably combat log as well, to save their bounties. :rolleyes:

I get the frustration, I really do. But I can't really call anybody using an in-game mechanic such as undermining somebody in Solo a "cheater", though. It's there to be used.

The term I'd go for would be "pathetic, yellow-bellied cowardly pile of human refuse". Going to pick a fight? At least show up on the parking lot after school or you're dead to me.

As to the name-calling? Annoying, yes, but don't feed a troll, particularly not one as obviously inept as the one you're dealing with. It only encourages them.

I get the frustration, I really do. But I can't really call anybody using an in-game mechanic such as undermining somebody in Solo a "cheater", though. It's there to be used.

The term I'd go for would be "pathetic, yellow-bellied cowardly pile of human refuse". Going to pick a fight? At least show up on the parking lot after school or you're dead to me.

As to the name-calling? Annoying, yes, but don't feed a troll, particularly not one as obviously inept as the one you're dealing with. It only encourages them.

Well I am not sure name calling, and measuring worth of a Commander in a forum withname and shame rules helps at all. I award you irony ranking 10 for the contrast between last 2 paragraphs.

As a quickie, how do we know the commander is inept?

Thanks
Simon

About the ship's Name: I'm pretty sure if I call My ship "FDEVs are As****es" I will get a ban in two minutes.

Well I am not sure name calling, and measuring worth of a Commander in a forum withname and shame rules helps at all. I award you irony ranking 10 for the contrast between last 2 paragraphs.

As a quickie, how do we know the commander is inept?
As to your first 'graph, point taken. I was just looking for something more appropriate to the situation (if it is what I know it to be, taking into account that I've only heard one side of the issue). "Cheater" isn't it. Playing Solo is, whether one agrees with it or not, I don't always, working as designed. It ain't cheating if the devs put it in there. Still, point taken. Personally, I'd call him nothing at all. I'd just ignore the tedious little .

As to the second point? I don't know, obviously, since I don't know who the guy is, nor do I want to, but his approach to trolling doesn't impress me much, and I used to hang around some of the best back in the day. He/she might be extremely good at other things, but trolling isn't one of them.

Probably some juvenile kiddy with fewer brain cells than his/her age, trying to get a rise from you or someone in your faction that may have destroyed his/her ship at some point.
Mmmnah, not so simple. As you can read, that ship was called with another offensive word for a Powerplay faction, before that commander turned against DVC. He is not a player, he is a mess bringer, an account created and managed to ruin the work of the communities and the gameplay by exploiting the flaws in the game mechanics. Free insults are just a way to make fun of people who play fairly and programmers who work hard to make the game work as best they can.

we already contacted them, as we wrote in the first post, and the answer was: "if you feel offended, you can block him". This is a non-answer: if I block him he will continue to offend DaVinci with his ship.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom