Beta 2 - Known Issues

I started transferring 3 ships to my carrier after scheduling a jump from the Lave system.

They arrived on the carrier almost instantaneously, but I got notifications (post-jump) of the ships arriving in the Lave system. Galaxy Map now shows that I have ships docked at Lave and Carrier shows that I have 3 ships in storage.

I started transferring 3 ships to my carrier after scheduling a jump from the Lave system.

They arrived on the carrier almost instantaneously, but I got notifications (post-jump) of the ships arriving in the Lave system. Galaxy Map now shows that I have ships docked at Lave and Carrier shows that I have 3 ships in storage.
I transfered in-system. Arrival notice arrived immediately, ships were still 5 minutes in transfer when checking the shipyard. I couldn't see them land, though (I know, I know, it didn't ever work like this. Would be cool still one day. Oh, and by the way, once we got space legs and all I want to be able to work for that ship moving company).

Then, another issue: When jumping ahead with a regular ship to the carrier destination, the to be location does show up in the destination system already. That's perfect. Also very nice to watch the carrier drop out of hyperspace. However, my controls froze and I couldn't request docking after the arrival. Needed to leave to the main menu to continue.

I am on my way out of the bubble in a random direction and I wanted to map a system before jumping out. I hopped into a cobra and got into supercruise but when I entered FSS it put me visually in the vehicle hanger. I could see the FSS screen and the wall of the hanger at the same time.

Oh, once I also got stuck in the supercuise entry effect (the tunnel of vapor) it just stayed in that screen and I had no control. I had to restart the game.

Last edited:
I hope the restock issue got addressed, I was meaning to submit one but it's all removed from the menus now. You could not individually restock the weapons on the carrier. You could only use the restock all icon on the main station menu. That sucks if you have premium ammo that's not been used up yet.

From an earlier post by the moderators:

To resolve this issue, please do the following:
1) Open the Launcher
2) Click Options -> Log Out Machine - It’s important to use Log Out Machine, and not just Log Out!
3) Restart Launcher and fill in your details and log into game.

It's a bit of a goat rope. The option to "fill in your details" gave me two choices: link to Steam or log on to Frontier. I did not link. Instead, I went with my Frontier (Elite Dangerous) logon name and password. You only need to do it once. After that, you can start either the regular game or the Beta from the launch screen.
You may not know the answer, but your post was the most appropriate one to quote.

I have just installed the update, via Oculus Home, and get the Invalid Machine ID error. Unfortunately, i cannot do anything with the launcher, as it closes very shortly after launching the main game program. I must have it set to do that, but either way, I am not able to log out the machine and fix the problem.

Any suggestions anyone?

Never mind. I also had an unexpected exception error, which when I had sorted that one, I was able to get into the launcher and apply this fix.

Top Bottom