Bartenders? Why??

My biggest non performance related pet peeve about Odyssey is the bartender thing. So every bartender in every station is some kind of fence? How does this even make sense? And they have tons of material waiting for trading as well? Behind the liquor? How did this interstellar ring of space bartenders even get started?

It would be so much better to have individual stores that cater to specific types of goods and components at stations that would be more likely to have them. An example would be a pawn type shop at high tech stations would be for trading circuit components. Similar to the mat traders now, but they have their own store. And give the stores their own names.

My second pet peeve is all the stores being the same on every station. Where are the mom and pop station stores. There should even be alternates to APEX in some areas. It'd only really take a different store front and logo to do. I want to go to an area where you hop on a JUMP taxi.

You know, never drink and fly ;)

Really, it seems they have forgotten to include everything making the concourses alive.

Drinking, sitting, chatting, gestures - you name it.

I'm still looking for the squatting manual to speak to other CMDRs in there...

I sold some (not even all) of my unused assets, mats and goods.
The bartender dished out over 6 mil credits without even blinking. Just like that.

I would want a beef with them…

I'm hoping that for now, these neat new features are basic just to act as a foundation - building blocks if you will - to some eventual added depth. For now, we have copy pasted concourses with the same NPCs everywhere and a bartender that does it at all. But maybe down the line, with everything in place right now, that bartender will be split into other NPCs offering services more suited to their craft. Less work down the line than doing it all at once.

Just wishful thinking stemming from my daddy issues.

I'm still looking for the squatting manual to speak to other CMDRs in there...
800px_COLOURBOX33150763.jpg

I'm hoping that for now, these neat new features are basic just to act as a foundation - building blocks if you will - to some eventual added depth. For now, we have copy pasted concourses with the same NPCs everywhere and a bartender that does it at all. But maybe down the line, with everything in place right now, that bartender will be split into other NPCs offering services more suited to their craft. Less work down the line than doing it all at once.

Just wishful thinking stemming from my daddy issues.
I wouldn’t hold my breath.
There are so many “foundations” that have been left to die… PP, CQC, multicrew, FCs…
Although, I must admit that mining and planet scanning got their updates (after a loooong overdue time).

Top Bottom