Release Aussiedroid's Enhanced Thrustmaster Warthog Script

Check bindings folder for an error message after loading the game.

If the script isn't running when you start the game, or you have a controller not present that a bind depends on then ED can throw an error and the profile won't be available.

Clicker

The Script is running and the Joystick., throttle, and rudder pedals are plugged in and working. The script appears to exit without an error (See a few messages above where I posted a copy of the script being executed. It shows the 5 devices aren't found, and I have NO clue as to what those are. The other night it was working fine, and then stopped mid game.

In Windows game controller the TM Joystick, TM Throttle, and TM Combined device all show up. This has been how it was been for a LONG time and work just fine until the other night.

Is there any log file that would tell me why it isn't loading the binding file?

Good evening, so i have managed to get things working, but as soon as i log out, close pc down and reboot it, things stop working,

i lose the binding in elite dangerous... also i gain a file.. this is the error i get

There where errors when loading preset file: Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 4.2.1.3.0.binds
Missing devices: ThrustMasterWarthogCombined

There where errors when loading preset file: Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 4.2.1.binds

Also a command Joy 4 + keeps showing up in the elite binds. I think its ment to be a switch or toggle command, example switching fire from a to b only . works.

2 steps forward, and 1 back..

Humm, Where do you see these errors. Just curious as I am having some similar issues. UPDATE: I found the file, not to figure out what it is telling me.

After running the script BEFORE launching ED, click on the Joystick Control panel. Make sure that you see "Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller". I also see the Joy stick and throttle as other devices as well as my rudder pedals.

Last edited:
The Script is running and the Joystick., throttle, and rudder pedals are plugged in and working. The script appears to exit without an error (See a few messages above where I posted a copy of the script being executed. It shows the 5 devices aren't found, and I have NO clue as to what those are.
That's normal.
AS there are no specific EXCLUDED statements for those devices, TARGET tries to find them.
The lines that matter are above those where TARGET found your Throttle, Joystick and Rudders.

The other night it was working fine, and then stopped mid game.
Was there an error message in the TARGET console?

In Windows game controller the TM Joystick, TM Throttle, and TM Combined device all show up. This has been how it was been for a LONG time and work just fine until the other night.
If all three are shown, this could be causing issues.
Example: if you are changing stuff in Options|Controls bindings in game by selecting the Throttle or Joystick button/switch/axis...how is it going to tell between the TM Throttle or the TM Combined Throttle?

Did you change the CONFIGURE statements to MODE_FILTERED?

Is there any log file that would tell me why it isn't loading the binding file?
Yes. ED usually throws an error and writes a txt file in the bindings folder.
This usually tells you it can't find one of the devices.

Clicker

Last edited:
Good evening, so i have managed to get things working, but as soon as i log out, close pc down and reboot it, things stop working,

i lose the binding in elite dangerous... also i gain a file.. this is the error i get

There where errors when loading preset file: Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 4.2.1.3.0.binds

There where errors when loading preset file: Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 4.2.1.binds

Also a command Joy 4 + keeps showing up in the elite binds. I think its ment to be a switch or toggle command, example switching fire from a to b only . works.

2 steps forward, and 1 back..
Hi @Devil ,

Looks like you are not running the script (and leaving it running) prior to starting the game.
Or, the script is crashing, not compiling and running correctly.

Clicker

I also see the Joy stick and throttle as other devices as well as my rudder pedals.
If you are seeing your TM Throttle, TMJoystick & TM Combined in the Windows joystick control panel, then this is your issue.
Have you changed anything in Aussiedroid's script?

If not maybe try different USB ports.

Lastly, you might like to try a small app called USBDeview to clear out any residual USB junk on your system.

Clicker

Last edited:
The other night it was working fine, and then stopped mid game.
Something changed.
A binding in game perhaps either via notepad++ or via Options|Controls in game then using the buttons/switches/axis on your controller to set or reset something.

If you post the contents of the error file you found in the bindings folder, I can check and try to help further.
Perhaps also your .binds file.

For convenience wrap it in spoiler tags

Clicker

Last edited:
Clicker,

thanks for all the respnoses and help. I like the script and do want to use it.

As to all he three TM items appearing in the control panel, that has been the case for several weeks, if not months, and hasn't been an issue.

I don't remember an error message in the TARGET window.

No I didn't change any the CONFIGURE statements to MODE_FILTERED?

I did make a change in the binding file but this was to swapJoy_27, 28, 29, an d 30 around such that up down on the stick would correspond to up and down thruster movement. I did this several weeks before the issue.

Notepad++ is the editor I use to look at and edit files instead of notepad itself. It has some advantages over note pad and works better with lua scripts.

OK, first time trying the spoiler flag. The error is below.

From what I can tell the binding file that I use got corrupted in some manner. It looks like some lines got deleted and there is a mismatch between the first line and the last "root" line. The file that I have been using is named Custom.3.0_NGC.binds, it does show up in the in game options file as Aussiedroid Warthog Enha ...

In my User\xxx\AppData\Local\Frontier Development\Options\Bindings I have four different .binds files.
1) Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 4.2.1.3.0.binds
2) Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 4.2.1.binds
3) Custom.3.0_NGC.binds
4) StartPreset.start

After the error, I also have the files 5) Custom.3.0_NGC.binds.145416794.backup, and 6) BindingLoadingErrors.log

To try and get things back working, I tried deleting Custom.3.0_NGC.binds and restarting with files # 1, #2, and #4 above still in the directory. It would start, but neither #1 or #2 would show in the in game options screen. When I exited back out there was NO error message..

Next I tried deleting Startpreset.start and when I restated a new options entitled something like Thrustmaster WarthogHOTAS. Again, there was no selection for Aussie's bindings and no error file when I exited.

Next step is that I tried renaming Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 4.2.1.binds to Custom.3.0_NGC.binds. When I loaded the game, Aussiedroid binds did not show, just the normal defaults one, but not the ThurstmasterHOTAS one. When I exited the game, there was no error file.

Next step in testing was to put the original Custom.3.0_NGC.binds file back into the bindings directory. Tried it again, and it did show up but the error file reappeared.

I haven't a clue as to how ED does things and only know the script a little. I don't think the Script file itself know or cares what the binding file is. It does see that somewhere ED does keep track of bindings file and is looking for a certain file, and more than just by name.

As I said earlier I did compare the different binding file, the original and my modified one and it appears that some lines have been deleted and the level of the last line (root) has been indented. The thing that really has binds confused is that I can't simply delete *.binds file and leave the original, or renaming the original file to the custom name.

Do you know if the script files looks for a certain name in the bindings folder.

HELP

Good morning..
So i have found, if i make changes in game, under the control section, everything works, until i log out, then the game no longer see the altered binds file..
So can you please help me start from the beginning,

I want to change the yaw to roll within the script. Where do i start loooking to make this change.

I have included a picture of what the standard Aussi binds file looks like ingame.. without any tinkering.

I have been unable to find joy 4 + joy23.. Joy 4 appears alongside many commands in the file. but can get it to work in game,,

config elite1.png

The bindings files setup which axis does roll and which axis does Yaw. Look in the Aussie binds file. and you should see something like the code shown below. What you want to do is to swap "Joy_RZAxis" with "Joy_XAxis" . In the code below, "16D00A38" is the device identifier for my MFG rudder pedals.. Your should show what you have, or you may need to set in game.

Hope this helps. EDIT Actually I don't think the below is correct, I think you would need to change the whole binding device line. I did mine inside the game, but that may cause issues.

Original

<YawAxisRaw>
<Binding Device="ThrustMasterWarthogCombined" Key="Joy_XAxis" />
<Inverted Value="0" />
<Deadzone Value="0.04000000" />
</YawAxisRaw>

<RollAxisRaw>
<Binding Device="16D00A38" Key="Joy_RZAxis" />
<Inverted Value="1" />
<Deadzone Value="0.20000000" />

Revised
<YawAxisRaw>
<Binding Device="ThrustMasterWarthogCombined" Key="Joy_RZAxis" />
<Inverted Value="0" />
<Deadzone Value="0.04000000" />
</YawAxisRaw>

<RollAxisRaw>
<Binding Device="16D00A38" Key="Joy_XAxis" />
<Inverted Value="1" />
<Deadzone Value="0.20000000" />

Last edited:
@Clicker - Not sure what happened, but this morning, I tried a different ED profile. I did change that profile in game and it showed up as "custom". When I selected the key binding pull down menu again, I noticed the Aussi file was there. So, I went out, ran the AussieDroid script and went back in. Lo and behold it was working. It will be interesting to see if it still works when I get a chance to go back in later today.

@Cluter Fonulique ... fingers crossed it continues to work for you.

@Devil
First up, gotta ask....after you changed your bindings in game...you did hit 'apply', right?
If so ... please go take a look in your bindings folder.
How many .bind files are there?
Try to remove (or copy to somewhere else) all but the one you really want (ie 'Aussiedroid Warthog Enhanced 4.2.1.3.0.binds'+keep 'StartPreset.start')

Fire up the script, then the game, go into Options Controls and make sure Aussiedroid's script is available and selected.
If it isn't, check the bindings folder again and post the contents of the error file here.
Also, with the script running please run 'joy.cpl' in Windows, grab a screenshot and post back here.

Hope this helps
Clicker

I have been unable to find joy 4 + joy23.. Joy 4 appears alongside many commands in the file. but can get it to work in game,,
"Joy 4" is the pinky lever on the joystick
"Joy 23" is the Throttle Coolie Switch - Right.

Joy4 + Joy23 therefore relates to press+hold Joy4, then press Joy23....then release Joy23, release Joy4.
In the script Aussiedroid uses several switches as a modifier (or shift) key, Joy4 is one of those.
Exactly the same theory as Shift+1 = '!' on a keyboard when you are typing.

NOTE: these DX Joy# are relative to the "Thrustmaster Combined Controller" ... not the individual controllers as listed in the product documents.

TIP: If you want to ensure what DX# the ThrustmasterCombined device send by default, try this.
  1. Fire up the Target Script Editor and select menu, new, and select Target code, open.
  2. This will create 'untitled.tmc', save this as anything you want ... example 'test.tmc'
  3. Now compile and run it.
  4. Select Device Analyzer.
Now you can go through and observe every button/key/switch DX value for 'ThrustmasterCombined' device.

Clicker

As NZ is in 'Shutdown', I'm now WFH full time for next month or two...I'll be looking for distractions like this thread, so now's a good time to test etc!

Im a bus driver, so still working, but my company has said today that they will be laying staff off until this virus is over. from 2700 staff, only 200 will be required.

Dont know if im off or working yet.

Is there anyone who can walk me through the ED script install. I did something wrong and now TARGET keeps tripping over some unknown system error. Having a lot of trouble with this, so would be nice to screen share on discord. I've got the whole weekend and I want to do this properly so that TARGET, Elite, and Market Connector all launch together.

How much time does that take, and when would someone be available Saturday or Sunday?

@Dryheat4u ,

It would take as long as it takes.
What's your timezone?

Also...check out post #1072 of this thread (one page back).

If you could go through and confirm each of the questions and post back here, I might be able to assist?

Clicker

Top Bottom