Are SLF's in PvP still lag-inducing?

I've been using SLF's and actively seek PvP , and until I googled effectiveness of SLF in PvP (which maybe isn't that great compared to PvE?) did I see that people are complaining that it induces lag, though I personally wouldn't see it.

I certainly haven't noticed.

FDev said the issue was fixed by compressing data or something: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...anding-around-systems-and-supercruise.535117/

but the thread was bogged down with 'friend spam' and nobody seems to have commented on the effectiveness of the fix since.

So what is the verdict? Can I trust in my personal experience that it is indeed ok? Or should I be more considerate and theory-craft a different ship?

Yes, I can confirm it happens on XBOX as well.

Anyway, there's no lag if the SLFs are manned by human CREWs... tested an instance with 2 cutters and 4 SLFs with CREW and it was acceptable.

Anyway, there's no lag if the SLFs are manned by human CREWs... tested an instance with 2 cutters and 4 SLFs with CREW and it was acceptable.

Something I've noticed as well.

It also explains why none of Frontier's fixes have fixed this issue...they've been focusing on bandwidth/networking (Oodle compression, tripling the max upstream cap in the Alpha, etc) when it's probably an AI thing.

Top Bottom