Anyone got an Alt to scan the new station in Stuemeae FG-Y d7561 ?

Dont know if its a bug or not, but if you go to a station that has advanced repair but doesnt sell limpets, synth 4 and try to sell them. Then the menu appears and instead of selling you can buy as many as you can carry. Works that way in many stations in the bubble.

It has been confirmed tonight that there will be a fix that will bring limpets and Universal Cartographics to the station before the CG. Problem solved.:)

The Hull Seals have got it covered. :)

And I've been in the system for over two weeks (woke up one morning to find Explorer's Anchorage suddenly there, which was cool). Until more of the fleet arrives if anyone needs repair I do have limpets. I dock at the station each night, so if you see Scubadog and my trusty Anaconda, gimme a shout.

Dont know if its a bug or not, but if you go to a station that has advanced repair but doesnt sell limpets, synth 4 and try to sell them. Then the menu appears and instead of selling you can buy as many as you can carry. Works that way in many stations in the bubble.

Sounds like a bug to me, and an exploit if you do it to get limpets from somewhere that doesn't sell them.

For iron/nickel, geosites are a very long way from optimal, as you only get three from each Piceous Cobble, once the site's done it's done, and they don't have that many cobbles to start with.

Go to a metal-rich world, and just drive around shooting up all the bronzite chondrite, rocky outcrops, etc. you find, and you can easily get 10-12 iron/nickel per outcrop, if not more, without having to stop-start every few to fly to a completely different part of the planet.

Geosites are great for the high-rarity minerals because they provide a guaranteed source of a few of them, whereas you might drive around for 15 minutes without finding a single high-end meteorite if you get unlucky. But for the basics, general surface prospecting is better.

Good points. I was just spitballing, but you're right about that. Of course the drop rate for shootable rocks is quite variable, so it's hard to estimate how much more efficient this is, but I'd be comfortable guessing 2-3 times faster. Even so, that only brings the time-equivalent conversion rate up to rough parity. One limpet for merely one void opal is still a pretty penny compared to station list price!

If you're laser mining, you can synthesis from the iron/nickel you get from that as well. It won't provide an indefinite supply of limpets, but it'll probably provide enough to double your starting load, which may affect exchange rates.

On this point, however, I think you've dramatically overestimated the materials drop rate from laser mining. I feel like in a typical ring site, where you're picking for a desired mineral, not material content, you're lucky to get one nickel drop (3 units) every couple of asteroids. If you're using collectors, with their typically high attrition rate, I think you'd be lucky to average 10 units of nickel per 20 limpets used. So I'd say synthesis while laser mining extends your limpet supply maybe 20%, probably less.

Definitely sounds like an exploit. While this one is probably low priority for Frontier, they do tend to get annoyed if players knowingly exploit actual bugs, so I wouldn't do that. Irrelevant here since we're apparently getting limpet restock tomorrow, but I'd recommend against doing that in the bubble, too.

Synthesizing enough limpets for a laser-mining CG would be a logistical masterpiece given how fast they kill themselves. It would dramatically slow down the progress. Don't think that Frontier has that in mind.

It would be pretty neat though if Limpet Restock was "Tier 1" of the CG. Assuming FDev could upgrade the station ad-hoc as Tiers are reached instead of only on the weekly server update.

That would really give a feeling of frontier (hehe) to the CG.

The alternative, as was suggested elsewhere, would be to park a "construction megaship" with the basic necessary CG facilities nearby. Again, it would make building the station slightly more plausible.

But you can't store modules. Nor transfer them.
Pretty useless, unless you want to loose your build.

I just succesfully stored and retreived modules. Unless you are trying to store a component for which there is no default module or if the default available violates your max mass.

Did anyone check it already after server reboot: what new services are on Explorer's Anchorage at stage 4?

Just had a quick look and it seems that only more of the station superstructure is there, no new services as far as I could see.

I was really hoping a crew lounge would added, after storing my fighter hanger DOH!

Last edited:
Yes, the Crew Lounge is now in effect. Seems silly, but kinda nice to re-activate my crew. Storing the fighter bay set her to inactive and I couldn't get her back.

I don't recall if it was there before, but the Passenger Lounge is available too. No shipyard... I bought my first Anaconda for this expedition. Now, the thought of going any further in this heap is unbearable. Might have to make a little day trip over to Colonia.

Top Bottom