Any "Gold" rush right now?

I just raked in a cool 100k stealing military plans from a harmless Adder. Took maybe 20 minutes interdiction to black market.
I helped a wing earn 1.5B over 2.5 hr. Anything less than 400M/hr shouldn't be considered gold rush material.

What I'm trying to say here is that grind really is in you. Not in the game.

ED has a reputation for being grindy. Unless there is some conspuracy to defame ED, it's based on player's experiences. You may not find it grindy, but that doesn't change the fact that a large enough proportion of the playerbase feels it to be the case that it has become a major part of ED's reputation.

If you open a burger shop, cook and serve burgers you love, only to find your burger shop has earned a reputation for tiny burgers despite a single burger stuffing you; the burgers are almost certainly tiny, you just happen to have a small stomach.

I'm personally one of those people that find it grindy. The grind that really gets me is just trying a different loadout on a ship I have. I have plenty of Credits, tons of Mats, I have the ship, and all the Engineers unlocked. I've completed all the . . . we'll call it gameplay, to access all the blueprints and I've completed all the gameplay necessary to give me the required components. So I'm good to go, right? Ooooooh no. I'll have to spend a good chunk of my evening game time, if not the entirety of it, just flying around to repetitively click 'generate modification' 'generate modification' 'generate modification'... just to try it.

And that is if I don't want to try swapping a core module that I can't use my taxi to Engineer. Now I'm flying all over the bubble in my Crusader/whatever and spending at least an entire game session, and likely some of the next, just to try out stuff I've already jumped through hoops to unlock. It is so time consuming, that I never bother trying things that I don't feel reasonably confident will work well because it just takes far too long.

I have no other game that demands I spend so much time to use things I've already unlocked. I've also never had a game where friends bailed because of the grind, until ED. It's amazing, really.

It's cool you don't mind the grind, I envy you. But ya can't tell me, all of my friends who quit, and the playerbase that consistently complains about it that we're imagining things.

o7

ED has a reputation for being grindy. Unless there is some conspuracy to defame ED, it's based on player's experiences. You may not find it grindy, but that doesn't change the fact that a large enough proportion of the playerbase feels it to be the case that it has become a major part of ED's reputation.

If you open a burger shop, cook and serve burgers you love, only to find your burger shop has earned a reputation for tiny burgers despite a single burger stuffing you; the burgers are almost certainly tiny, you just happen to have a small stomach.

I'm personally one of those people that find it grindy. The grind that really gets me is just trying a different loadout on a ship I have. I have plenty of Credits, tons of Mats, I have the ship, and all the Engineers unlocked. I've completed all the . . . we'll call it gameplay, to access all the blueprints and I've completed all the gameplay necessary to give me the required components. So I'm good to go, right? Ooooooh no. I'll have to spend a good chunk of my evening game time, if not the entirety of it, just flying around to repetitively click 'generate modification' 'generate modification' 'generate modification'... just to try it.

And that is if I don't want to try swapping a core module that I can't use my taxi to Engineer. Now I'm flying all over the bubble in my Crusader/whatever and spending at least an entire game session, and likely some of the next, just to try out stuff I've already jumped through hoops to unlock. It is so time consuming, that I never bother trying things that I don't feel reasonably confident will work well because it just takes far too long.

I have no other game that demands I spend so much time to use things I've already unlocked. I've also never had a game where friends bailed because of the grind, until ED. It's amazing, really.

It's cool you don't mind the grind, I envy you. But ya can't tell me, all of my friends who quit, and the playerbase that consistently complains about it that we're imagining things.

o7
I propably chose too agressive stance in my response to @Miko. The fascinating thing in all this really is, that we all play the same game but perceive it in so many different ways. It is the best and the worst thing in ED.

Top Bottom