Any "Gold" rush right now?

I heard about this one the other day but I haven't personally confirmed it because the systems were on lockdown status yesterday:

1. Pick up Bentonite mining missions in Ceos
2. Go to Sothis/Robigo systems and purchase Bentonite at market
3. Go back to mission giver and cash in.

Only catch is you will get multiple high level Anaconda pirates constantly trying to interdict you soooo, be good at that mini-game for sure.

No gold rush at the moment. Everything has been balanced perfectly for to ensure no profession has an appealing income :ROFLMAO:

CG's pay well enough, depending on the size of your ship(s). Pirate massacre mission stacking, winging up for the same is way more $$$ so I have heard, but I have not tried it yet. ABA loop trade runs, multi hop trade runs, passenger missions... Lots of things pay well. Mining still can, but check the reddit elite miners threads, it seems to make alot of $$$ in mining you need to git gud at very specific types and approaches to mining now. I have not mined since the last mining nerf.

I heard about this one the other day but I haven't personally confirmed it because the systems were on lockdown status yesterday:

Only catch is you will get multiple high level Anaconda pirates constantly trying to interdict you soooo, be good at that mini-game for sure.
Oh, that's worth a look. :)

How about some good old simple trading? If you plan a trade route using EDDB or Spansh it’s easy to earn more than 100 mill/h (I use a shieldless Cutter), and it’s more fun than going from A to B and back in all eternity. Granted some destinations might be repeated in the route planner, but from my experience there are always several different destinations in the route (if you enter more than max 2 hops in the planner that is 🤪).

Last edited:
How about some good old simple trading? If you plan a trade route using EDDB or Spansh it’s easy to earn more than 100 mill/h, and it’s more fun than going from A to B and back in all eternity. Granted some destinations might be repeated in the route planner, but from my experience there are always several different destinations in the route (if you enter more than max 2 destinations in the planner that is 🤪).

Hi howdy folks!! So let's say you wanna do some interstellar tr-tr-traa-TRADING! You get a little sleepy, you turn on the Supercruise Assist - you go to take a tinkle. Safe right??

LET ME SHOW YA SOMETHING!!!!!!!

Next thing you know a black hole is trying to turn you into SPACE DUST and the only way to get more power is to stick your hand straight into the fusion reactor like you're Mister Spock. Like so......(gets horribly burned and somehow lives)

:ROFLMAO: Sorry man but your signature...I got some major in Living Color flashbacks of Fire Marshall Bill LOL!

Hi howdy folks!! So let's say you wanna do some interstellar tr-tr-traa-TRADING! You get a little sleepy, you turn on the Supercruise Assist - you go to take a tinkle. Safe right??

LET ME SHOW YA SOMETHING!!!!!!!

Next thing you know a black hole is trying to turn you into SPACE DUST and the only way to get more power is to stick your hand straight into the fusion reactor like you're Mister Spock. Like so......(gets horribly burned and somehow lives)

:ROFLMAO: Sorry man but your signature...I got some major in Living Color flashbacks of Fire Marshall Bill LOL!

HA HA you are the first one who mentioned it since I changed my profile pic :p. Yeah I love him. I don’t think he has ever been aired in my country, so I know him only from Youtube. All the streaming services that I know don’t have him either. He is one of Jim Carreys best characters IMO.

Thank you for the post! (y) :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:

That actually sounds....entertaining...what's the catch? Nerf incoming? lol.

Scoob.

That actually sounds....entertaining...what's the catch? Nerf incoming? lol.

Scoob.

No catch. They don't care if you mine the stuff or buy the stuff, as long as it's delivered to them. But like I said the real catch is you'll have multiple missions for the tons and tons of metal in your ship, so they'll send multiple pirates after you. Not to mention the average pirate who just want's what you got randomly.

Like I said, I haven't tried it myself but there was a guy in System chat raving about it. And I do recall when I did my Fed rank in Ceos seeing lots and lots of high paying mining missions on the board, so on paper I believe this is viable.

No catch. They don't care if you mine the stuff or buy the stuff, as long as it's delivered to them. But like I said the real catch is you'll have multiple missions for the tons and tons of metal in your ship, so they'll send multiple pirates after you. Not to mention the average pirate who just want's what you got randomly.

Like I said, I haven't tried it myself but there was a guy in System chat raving about it. And I do recall when I did my Fed rank in Ceos seeing lots and lots of high paying mining missions on the board, so on paper I believe this is viable.

The guy in system chat is probably a carrier owner that's trying to sell some at an extortionate price:)

Know your commodities, or at least check them out on INARA, Benitoite is only available from mining or carrier's, it is not sold from stations. There is a number of other metals/minerals that are the same such as Bromellite MMC's and Osmium that are in demand for missions that are the same.

There are a number of carrier owners and some regular miners that mine and then sell mainly to other carriers instead of hunting around for the best prices or missions, sometimes speed is better than top prices.

There are other carrier owners that buy at a reasonable price from the miners then resell to others like yourselves or hunt up the best prices/missions to offload their purchases, some are doing this as a return load from the Colonia area, ie: fuel out metals back.

Yes I am a carrier owner and I do have a limited amount on board, along with a load of other desirable metals and minerals but I will not be back in the bubble for some weeks, am over 13KLy out.

P.S. If the board is good in Ceos I may check it out before I put my goodies up for general sale:)

You could bring the stuff first and then take the missions and hand them in immediately. I've done that in other situations (mineral extractors etc.).

You could bring the stuff first and then take the missions and hand them in immediately. I've done that in other situations (mineral extractors etc.).

I'm bored of grinding engineering and I'm tired of being the "noobaconda" guy. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Cutter to do huge laser mining runs and those cargo missions. I need that Fleet Carrier cheddar ASAP after all :ROFLMAO: :p

(Devil on my shoulder creating all kinds of excuses so I can justify buying new ships all the time)

The guy in system chat is probably a carrier owner that's trying to sell some at an extortionate price:)

Know your commodities, or at least check them out on INARA, Benitoite is only available from mining or carrier's, it is not sold from stations. There is a number of other metals/minerals that are the same such as Bromellite MMC's and Osmium that are in demand for missions that are the same.

There are a number of carrier owners and some regular miners that mine and then sell mainly to other carriers instead of hunting around for the best prices or missions, sometimes speed is better than top prices.

There are other carrier owners that buy at a reasonable price from the miners then resell to others like yourselves or hunt up the best prices/missions to offload their purchases, some are doing this as a return load from the Colonia area, ie: fuel out metals back.

Yes I am a carrier owner and I do have a limited amount on board, along with a load of other desirable metals and minerals but I will not be back in the bubble for some weeks, am over 13KLy out.

P.S. If the board is good in Ceos I may check it out before I put my goodies up for general sale:)

Hmmm good point. I'm thinking that because this game lacks a basic copy/paste feature, I probably got the name of the commodity wrong. If the system is out of lockdown, I'm going over there today to check the mission boards and get what's what.

I'm bored of grinding engineering and I'm tired of being the "noobaconda" guy. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Cutter to do huge laser mining runs and those cargo missions. I need that Fleet Carrier cheddar ASAP after all :ROFLMAO: :p

(Devil on my shoulder creating all kinds of excuses so I can justify buying new ships all the time)

You should be able to buy and equip one for about 400,000,000Cr for a basic armed trader, a better ship will also bump up the grade of NPC's you will encounter:)

Hmmm good point. I'm thinking that because this game lacks a basic copy/paste feature, I probably got the name of the commodity wrong. If the system is out of lockdown, I'm going over there today to check the mission boards and get what's what.
You can earn good money from the boards, but you have got to be careful or you can either loose a lot or end up trying to mine with mission NPC's looking for you:)

Just out of curiosity, have you actually mined?

Top Bottom