Anarchy in Colonia - what is new?

Did you know one of the leaders of the group we're fighting literally blamed us for all the troubles that allegedly started after our arrival? Might as well have said, "the neighborhood has gotten a lot rougher since your kind moved in."
No, I don´t. But I have realized, there are strange things going on, because some people do simply behave childish. I simply do not care about all of this. It is a matter of mobilizing and endurance. That is what I mean by "loving Colonia". There are hordes of people coming by now with their fleet carriers, because it is even more easy than before. And they won´t stay for long, as they simply do not love our home, like we do. We need people, that have the endurance to keep working for vision of the galaxy the way we want it to be.

Who cares about old guards and old stories? You make history now. And even with the Pilots new idea of this Galnet-alternative, you could make it known ingame more to the entire galaxy.

It is a matter of endurance. Most people don´t have that.

No, I don´t. But I have realized, there are strange things going on, because some people do simply behave childish. I simply do not care about all of this. It is a matter of mobilizing and endurance. That is what I mean by "loving Colonia". There are hordes of people coming by now with their fleet carriers, because it is even more easy than before. And they won´t stay for long, as they simply do not love our home, like we do. We need people, that have the endurance to keep working for vision of the galaxy the way we want it to be.

Who cares about old guards and old stories? You make history now. And even with the Pilots new idea of this Galnet-alternative, you could make it known ingame more to the entire galaxy.

It is a matter of endurance. Most people don´t have that.
Well said.

OK well yeah but we weren't responsible for the Colonia Council shenanigans or Aisling's people losing their system. So on and so forth.
...checks archives...

Just for the record, which specific Colonia Council shenanigans are you disclaiming responsibility for? Because some I find it highly implausible that you had nothing to do with them.

so as far as I can tell they've sought to keep Colonia like a museam piece just for them.
Well, no-one wants to lose the territory they already have, and historically the quickest way to do that has been to pick a fight with someone else and then have it turn out that they're larger than you.

Ahem.

And as some of the Colonia Council shenanigans you weren't involved with showed, it's the difference between "Colonia should accept new ways" and "specifically, instead of your ways" that requires any alternatives to have a significant minimum level of support.

It's not so much a museum piece as a long-running no-score draw, for the most part.

...checks archives...

Just for the record, which specific Colonia Council shenanigans are you disclaiming responsibility for? Because some I find it highly implausible that you had nothing to do with them.
The ones related to your so called traditionalist faction/cabal/whatever. I think we supported CC as a proxy... once? Anyway, we've not done much with them if anything. Why? Is there something I don't know? :D

Well, no-one wants to lose the territory they already have, and historically the quickest way to do that has been to pick a fight with someone else and then have it turn out that they're larger than you.

Ahem.
Speak your mind, Ian. Ain't gonna hurt my feelings.

...checks archives...

We "supported" the Council in Civitas' controlled systems (Pergamon, Hephaestus) only after we found out and had proof that Civitas Dei was behind the attacks on us in the same way the Council was used against us. The document was posted in CEI. Anything major happening with Colonia Council anywhere else had/has nothing to do with us. Actually we are still putting the pieces together who was behind the rise of the Council in Edge Fraternity Landing and the coordinated push to get them inserted into Carosa. We have our suspicions, but in the same way we did not attack Civitas without proof we will do the same here.
To clarify, we only retaliated against Civitas after they attacked us and we had proof of their deeds. Same as we have proof of things they did/do in Pennsylvania, Earth Expeditionary Fleet, Union, Phoenix, Sollaro, Amatsuboshi, and other systems. Most of the intelligence will be released at the end of the conflict, so maybe in a year or two. We might even get another book from Matt out of it. Btw there are some other parties unknown to us in Colonia having fun in Civitas' systems, might be locals taking advantage and/or some bubble dwellers who got wronged by Civitas there.

We've been in Colonia for well over a year now, we're not just a bunch of fly by nights or lulz gankers who'll wreak some havoc and be gone we're part of it, part of the story, Colonia is our home, we will stay there and we will win, we have taken on and beaten bigger fish than CIDE in the past and I would very strongly suggest they talk to us for the good of everyone and to save themselves from a world of pain.

The ones related to your so called traditionalist faction/cabal/whatever. I think we supported CC as a proxy... once? Anyway, we've not done much with them if anything. Why? Is there something I don't know? :D
Probably quite a bit. There's lots going on, after all, and trying to track at least three separate border disputes is taking up quite a bit of my time right now :)

Well, I say separate. I'd give at least a 25% chance that two of them are going to end up loosely linked by the end of the summer.

Anything major happening with Colonia Council anywhere else had/has nothing to do with us.
Thanks - that matches the ones I was expecting.

Top Bottom