An absolute MUST HAVE feature needed - animal management policies

It doesn't even have to be difficult at the start. Just a simple "Keep X females and X males in my exhibit" to start and place all extras in the trade center. Later on, perhaps it can get more intricate and go to "Keep X females and X males - preference goes adult > newborn > aged".

I don't really even care about the selling part, that's fairly easy. I can do that and it doesn't have to be automated. But the constant filtering of animals in my zoo to see which ones have too many animals and clicking each one I want to sell....it's like an unnecessary amount of clicking.

I want less clicks managing animals and more clicks managing my overall zoo. I feel too much like a caretaker or animal handler then I do as a manager of a zoo.
It probably would work better with a bigger trade center. 30 animals storage including the ones you have bought for future use could mean it could get filled quicker than if you managed it yourself, unless of course you added the option to send to a home, sell for CC, sell for money, store for later options allocated to your animals ( by default , aged > send to a home, adult ( sell for CC, sell for money ) and babies ( store for later )). Meaning you only have to adjust those that go against that default setting.

Apologies for the in depth description .. its the programmer in me, I tend to consider the long term design rather than what do we need now, less programming time.

its not just frogs.

you build large enough, you gona have problems with birds, ruminants, pretty much everything that breeds.

you can give contraceptives, but, if you are large enough, instead of selling half the time, you will be buying replacment animals that died of old age. And clicking mouse hundreds of times to move them from office to habitat.

there absolutely must be a function to let keepers select best animals, and maintain population levels at steady - and sell off unwanted animals automatically.

even galapagos turtles give this problem. You would think an animal that takes 25 years to reach adult level would be easy to manage, but no. they breed like rabbits, and are too slow to crawl to water, so they always get thirsty. Turtles give me more alerts then insects. Doesnt mater that there are 10 water sources RIGHT THERE - thirsty. Dehydrated. Alert, alert.

Last edited:
Uh I run 8 exhibits all off contraceptives and am not going grey yet! The Zoo>Animals tab is your friend, use it. I run my little insanity breeding of exhibit and enclosure animals purely from there.

Uh I run 8 exhibits all off contraceptives and am not going grey yet! The Zoo>Animals tab is your friend, use it. I run my little insanity breeding of exhibit and enclosure animals purely from there.
I want to breed my animals though.
I want to breed my animals and be bale to sell their offspring... but I want to play planet zoo. I don't want to play a clicker game where getting money is based off clicking a bunch of animals to sell.

Your gameplay experience won't change with a toggle-able autosell, but many many many others will.

They can go middle-ground here - allow the option only for exhibit animals to have keepers either

[x] sell parents
[x] sell offspring

After every mating. The options don't need to be any more detailed than that - cause if you want to only sell specific offspring you can do it yourself, therefore providing the player with the option of quick and painless vs. micromanaging and getting better results

They can go middle-ground here - allow the option only for exhibit animals to have keepers either

[x] sell parents
[x] sell offspring

After every mating. The options don't need to be any more detailed than that - cause if you want to only sell specific offspring you can do it yourself, therefore providing the player with the option of quick and painless vs. micromanaging and getting better results

Warthogs reproduce every 5 real minutes.... this needs to be an option for non-exhibit animals.

it would be harder to code but I'd personally prefer this the most:

every exhibit has a new sub-tab under "genetics" or some other tab.

There is a togglable option (like the birth control pill toggle) which enables "auto trading" "auto release" and "put into storage"
Each of these will be a drop down menu with the sliders we also have for the buying animals tab.
These sliders will come with 2 slider bars, so that you can select a range ex: size: 20-80 , fertility 0-50 etc, each tab will have its own filter bars and will do said action based on the filter bar. There will also be an option for filtering ages ex:

under "auto quick sell" toggle: off
under "auto release" toggle: on
size: 0-80
life expectancy: 0-70
fertility:0-60
immunity: 0-100
auto -elderly animals: toggle: on

under: "put into storage" toggle: on
size: 50-100
life expectancy: 90-100
fertility: 90-100
immunity: 90-100
auto-elderly animals: toggle off

another drop down menu will enable you to auto-move baby animals once they are born:
Auto move female babies to: (select habitat) (toggleable)
Auto move male babies to: (select habitat) (togglable)

In habitats: the same thing

under "auto quick sell" toggle: on
life expectancy: 0-80
Fertility: 0-80
Auto - elderly animals: toggle on

under "auto release" toggle off

under "put in storage: toggle on
life expectancy: 100-100
fertility: 100-100

Each individual animal also has a "protect from auto actions" toggle

This would enable me to actually work on an enclosure without having to pause or do a "release round" every 5 minutes

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Kai
Top Bottom