Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

Thanks for the testing Bluwolve (y)

Jorki
I thought all the FRift threads were still about? Certainly the last one is, as it became active again recently, actually, maybe I've seen you post there recently? ;)
An FPS game? Meh, not keen on that, this is a space game afterall :p, I'd rather have atmos landings 1st.

Thanks for the testing Bluwolve (y)

Jorki
I thought all the FRift threads were still about? Certainly the last one is, as it became active again recently, actually, maybe I've seen you post there recently? ;)
An FPS game? Meh, not keen on that, this is a space game afterall :p, I'd rather have atmos landings 1st.
Certainly the first 6 or so FRift threads (or doh, do I mean Canon threads??? Probably the latter!) disappeared when the forum was reorganised. No, FPS doesn’t work for me, which is why I haven’t bothered with citizen42 although I bought it. In fact I’m well past the stage of goid-bashing, unless I can fit scythe blades to my zimmer frame.... 😉

In fact with my ageing reflexes getting through the letterbox is sufficient excitement, thank you very much FD!

Certainly the first 6 or so FRift threads (or doh, do I mean Canon threads??? Probably the latter!) disappeared when the forum was reorganised. No, FPS doesn’t work for me, which is why I haven’t bothered with citizen42 although I bought it. In fact I’m well past the stage of goid-bashing, unless I can fit scythe blades to my zimmer frame.... 😉

In fact with my ageing reflexes getting through the letterbox is sufficient excitement, thank you very much FD!
When the bubble burns, they will need veteran pilots, think Mars Attacks😉💪🍻

o7

After an excessively-long hiatus, a few of my friends and I returned to Elite just yesterday. I was running them through the basics of Thargoid surface-site exploration prior to the aforementioned hiatus, but when we logged on yesterday we encountered something that I've never seen before.
Every time one of us would log in, an Interceptor would spawn apparently inside the structure, drop its shutdown field, and then proceed to clip through the ground to scan us and surface features where mats were laying about. Has anybody had this happen before? Not so much the log in initiation, since that's just a simple instance reset. But the other oddities? I've never had one spawn without activating the machine, which we did not do.

So who reported this attack?
What/who was attacked? And when?

Numerous Thargoid USS have been around the Pleiades for ages, but presence doesn’t equate to attack.
Galnet reported the attack.
Six systems are under attack (although Anti-Xeno Forces have already saved two) and there are six stations on Fire due to the attack.

They're Back!!

Significant fixes to thargoids, nav lock and more pending.
"let's start up the war again first11!1"
it's already halfway over
mfw
:unsure:...:sleep:

There has in game. The web version doesn't display thargoid, station repair or powerplay updates.
I’m not interested in PP, but it used to report goid & station damage/repair states. Perhaps the relevant “editor” at FD is still on holiday.

Edit: since I don’t necessarily play every day I rely on the forum Galnet news to keep me up to date with latest events. I would be slightly extremely miffed if FD aren’t keeping this mode of communication up to date. Fair enough they’ve dropped “fluff” entries since people were interpreting narrative colour as fact, but to stop reporting hard fact is a bit much!

Last edited:
I’m not interested in PP, but it used to report goid & station damage/repair states. Perhaps the relevant “editor” at FD is still on holiday.

Edit: since I don’t necessarily play every day I rely on the forum Galnet news to keep me up to date with latest events. I would be slightly extremely miffed if FD aren’t keeping this mode of communication up to date. Fair enough they’ve dropped “fluff” entries since people were interpreting narrative colour as fact, but to stop reporting hard fact is a bit much!
This is pretty normal, the "Powerplay Hourly Report" and "Thargoid Activity Report" have always been an in-game only part of galnet. They update live in-game as per below:

I think this is what Phoenix_Dfire is referring too :)

Top Bottom