Alec's best of the forum (and elsewhere) [v2]

Trending: In 8702 jumps covering 360752 ly, The Nanachi finishes the first complete circumnavigation of the galaxy in a fleet carrier!

Also, this happened last night! (I'll post full results and the final highlights video of the race once it's out)

s8bNR5O.png

FDEV owes me a coffee, a keyboard and a monitor... I laughed so hard at this unexpected gem!

I truly loved all the CM members that have worked on ED, but I think this trio - and moreso Arthur - is the best since our dear Ed Lewis (we miss you so much Ed!)

An interesting if subjective list. I know you're not the maintainer but I'll add my comments here.

ED Shipyard (no. 6) should be retired in favor of EDSY (no. 20), which is the successor site by the same author.

I must admit I was very surprised to see EDRefCard listed but not EDDI. My impression has always been that EDDI was much more popular than EDRefCard.

Another week and another video shout-out, this time for @jfoughe's absolutely stunning pairing of Elite visuals and voice logs with the Blade Runner 2049 soundtrack to re-tell the story of the Adamastor. Highly recommded (but contains spoilers if you still wish to experience those logs for yourself first).

Please redirect all rep to likes on the video and/or the associated forum thread: elite-dangerous-the-stones-a-cinematic-tribute-to-the-2020-halloween-event

Another week and another video shout-out, this time for @jfoughe's absolutely stunning pairing of Elite visuals and voice logs with the Blade Runner 2049 soundtrack to re-tell the story of the Adamastor. Highly recommded (but contains spoilers if you still wish to experience those logs for yourself first).

Please redirect all rep to likes on the video and/or the associated forum thread: elite-dangerous-the-stones-a-cinematic-tribute-to-the-2020-halloween-event

Thanks for the shoutout, Alec.

Trending: @Fosdyke's wonderful Elite Dangerous fan art + The Scarab Mastery Championship (coming soon).

And on the subject of the Scarab Mastery Championship (from Cmdr @BlackMaze who brought us the 8WD Endurance Championship), there's also a fantastic trailer + an introduction to what you can expect from the championship.

I've also added Random Gaming's extensive Elite Dangerous checklist to the "useful reference lists" section.

Trending: @Fosdyke's wonderful Elite Dangerous fan art + The Scarab Mastery Championship (coming soon).

And on the subject of the Scarab Mastery Championship (from Cmdr @BlackMaze who brought us the 8WD Endurance Championship), there's also a fantastic trailer + an introduction to what you can expect from the championship.

I've also added Random Gaming's extensive Elite Dangerous checklist to the "useful reference lists" section.
Wow! Thanks for the shout out ☺

Trending: Frontier bringing balance to the force galaxy + Speedbowl IV is THIS WEEKEND!

NOTE: that balance thread is really rolling and there are a lot of responses from Frontier scattered in amongst it all, including this spiky nugget ..

I'm pro Open-only Powerplay and BGS personally. I understand this is a long standing debate and know a few of the reasons it hasn't happened before. Maybe we'll be ready to have that conversation again sometime in the near future.

Quick reminder that if you go to post #1 of that thread and then click the little orange "Dev Post" tag in the top right it will take you to the next post in that thread from Frontier ... and so on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom