Alec's best of the forum (and elsewhere) [v2]

Quick shout-out for this week's episode of Loose Screws which features a really excellent interview with Frontier's Stephen Benedetti and Bruce Garrido. Lots of interesting insights into things like changes to fleet carriers and how there's more to adjusting mining profits than twiddling some knobs, some hints that perhaps we haven't yet seen all the changes for the fleet carrier update plus we get to find out about Stephen's "Cheese Man".

Trending: Fleet carriers trade Tritium and Lave Radio trade salt.

Also, added new "Flight Assist" podcast from twitch regulars MalForTheWin and Psykit to the "youtube channels, podcasts, etc" section.

Last edited:
Trending: Sidewinder wins Lavecon 2020 Buckyball Race + Dark Wheel starts to turn.

Also, just wanted to showcase a couple of cool things.

First, after three months of being stuck on a time of 2:01 Cmdr Sanderling has finally managed to shave that annoying second off his Cortes Base Circuit Challenge time and complete three laps of the city base in the most beautifully controlled two minutes of FA Off flying I've ever seen.

(source: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/cortes-base-circuit-challenge-an-elite-racers-standing-time-trial.537965/page-7#post-8577000)

And second, last night Cmdr Exigeous did a fantastic livestream focusing on PvP wing combat with lots of great information and featuring Frontier's very own Bruce, Stephen and Arthur doing a fine job as his willing students up against a team of top class PvP opponents.

Trending: New ways to play Elite + an Elite: Dangerous events calendar.

Also wanted to highlight a few other things.

First there's this (anyone who's done speedbowl before knows this is VERY exciting, and if you haven't then you should)

Second, everyone MUST watch this video immediately - it's sensational!

And lastly, there's a new Buckyball Race ("Keys To The Carrier") starting this weekend - more details coming soooooon!

Congratulations to Operation IDA :)

This was just the kind of activity Carriers in their current implementation would have been ideally suited for, I hope the Cmdrs involved adjust to the new normal of having completed an enormous challenge, and find another project to sink their teeth into soon.

Congratulations to Operation IDA :)

This was just the kind of activity Carriers in their current implementation would have been ideally suited for, I hope the Cmdrs involved adjust to the new normal of having completed an enormous challenge, and find another project to sink their teeth into soon.
Absolutely! That said, I also hope the Thargoid attacks resume. The burning stations are a spectacular sight and an exciting bit of gameplay and it seems a horribly wasted bit of resourcing in terms of all the design work that went into these for the whole cycle to now be "finished". Much admiration tho' I have for what operation Ida have achieved, I sincerely hope their work will be an ongojng project.

It turns out there was a forum thread so I'll link it into Trending for posterity.

Top Bottom