a new project: Elite slow

I have been buttering up to the blue haired bombshell and reaching rating 3, had to land the Type 9, with D-rated thrusters, on a 1.33G planet.
That was exciting, especially as I didn't get clearance to land at first.
I'll have prismatics soon. What ship are these used on anyway?

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Pug
Any ship you want (I think most are covered if not All). But waste of time and effort if you are not PvP'ing, even then you will need to plan you build as these are power hungry.

If you only PvE, then the Disney Princess has wasted your Butter!!

All of course IMHO, and others may or will see different.

Any ship you want (I think most are covered if not All). But waste of time and effort if you are not PvP'ing, even then you will need to plan you build as these are power hungry.

If you only PvE, then the Disney Princess has wasted your Butter!!

All of course IMHO, and others may or will see different.

Thanks. Not what I wanted to hear though, but thanks anyway.

Bought 2 extra limited edition FSD's. Put one on the Python and renamed it Sothis Excursions.
The plan is to get a carrier in a couple of weeks.

Thanks. Not what I wanted to hear though, but thanks anyway.

Bought 2 extra limited edition FSD's. Put one on the Python and renamed it Sothis Excursions.
The plan is to get a carrier in a couple of weeks.
I may have put you slightly off Prismatic's but remember this is my opinion shared by others, but not, by some too. Just do your own thing in this game and learn from your mistakes.
I don't actively PvP but i do almost always fly in Open and the Prismatic shields have saved my bacon a few times from becoming a gankers play thing. If your ship build will easily accommodate a Pris shield, (Power/heat being the main thing) and you have one and you want/need to fly in open and the moons line up then put one on. But as mentioned power, heat, speed, jump will all be affected.

I may have put you slightly off Prismatic's but remember this is my opinion shared by others, but not, by some too. Just do your own thing in this game and learn from your mistakes.
I don't actively PvP but i do almost always fly in Open and the Prismatic shields have saved my bacon a few times from becoming a gankers play thing. If your ship build will easily accommodate a Pris shield, (Power/heat being the main thing) and you have one and you want/need to fly in open and the moons line up then put one on. But as mentioned power, heat, speed, jump will all be affected.
Modesty does not suit you cmdr Wasp. 🧐

Doing the Robigo-Sothis runs in my Python and it has grown on me. Saving for a FC and I like the Nautilus layout.
Sadly, it can no longer be bought during the spring sale, despite Elite announcing on their twitter account that this would last until tomorrow.

runkst-banneux.jpg

this is literally 500m from my house

satelite.jpg

My first satellite.

5000 M.jpg

Going to buy my FC today. How much extra money do I need to fuel it up?

View attachment 212588
this is literally 500m from my house

View attachment 212589
My first satellite.

View attachment 212590
Going to buy my FC today. How much extra money do I need to fuel it up?

I believe it comes with a full tank.

Could be half.

I can't remember.

My Refuelling Python (when I buy Trit) carries around 216t it costs between 10m-12m to fill with Trit. 1000t in the tank. I suppose it could be cheaper but I don't shop around.

To fill the 'hold'? I have no idea, never done it.

Best of luck with your purchase, though, You will be getting the basic deal once you cross the 5bn mark. If you want, say, Cartography services, the the ability to buy limpets (Armoury I think), those services cost more on top.

I did it this way. Got the basic then spent a couple of weeks having to get the extra services I wanted.

Had to fly without rebuy a couple of times, reminded me of the ol' days. Rather like the premise of this thread.

Making Money???????? Ur 'avin a Laugh. This things drains a bank balance faster than a Handbag and Shoe luvin demented wife/women. Be prepared to work your dogs do-dahs off just to keep the damn lights on.

Good luck

It's half Lorenzo.

View attachment 212596

View attachment 212597

View attachment 212598
View attachment 212600
And isn't she a beauty.
Any tips on putting her to work and making money?
She is a beauty.

To be honest, the first couple of weeks I had mine I was still running missions. This was to afford the extra services, the first of which I got was Cartography. I then had to build a mining ship, yes for fuel (I purchased my Carrier in Colonia), then also, whilst I was mining for fuel, I just grabbed what ever else was available.

You have a commodities market on board and you’d be surprised what other CMDRs will buy, any old tat.

So I mainly made money by scouting ahead in a ship (plot a course for 500ly), after around 400ly I started looking for a good place to park the carrier. Hopefully the system has an ice ring for Trit (and other goodies) and maybe a metal rich one (extra goodies).

I call the carrier, maybe visit a planet surface whilst I wait, pick up some mats. When the carrier arrives, I sell my data to it. The carrier takes 12.5% of the fee, 12.5% goes into the ether, you get the rest. Then I would do a bit of mining. Rinse and repeat. I’ve been doing that a while. I have clawed back just under 3bn in a leisurely way.

Top Bottom